My Gear

alan422

My main goal when I started this project was to get rid of the wires I had runing all over my living room. I bought a Middle Atlantic rack and cut a hole in the closet wall in the spare bedroom I use for an office. Ran all the cables down into the basement and up through the walls and floors to the speakers and TV. Was a lot of work but worth it.

Top to bottom:

Cable box

7" TFT monitor

Anthem D1 upgraded to D2

Panasonic Blu-Ray (have since upgraded to an Oppo BDP-83)

Monster HTS-5000

Crown D150 (Had it since I was a kid but pulled that out and replaced it with a 3U computer case, not really using it for HTPC but it is itegrated with the rest of the system.

Bryston 9BSST

Monster AVS2000 (Which actually saved my gear when I had a bad neutral on my outside weatherhead)

Living Room:
Pioneer PDP6010-FD TV

Velodyne DD-15

Vintage JBL L26s' for the fronts (Just swapped them out for a pair of Klipsch LaScalas Ive had since I was a kid 32 years ago and need to sell them. They are just too much!)

Klipsch RC-3 Center (want to replace)

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds (need to replace) and open to any ideas.

Attachments

• 100_0506.jpg
    100_0506.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 186
very nice and tidy rack of equipment....anything done for heat dessipation?

Only thing that seems to generate a lot of heat is the Anthem. I have a six inch fan clipped over the top of it, forcing air down through the vents. It seems to work pretty well, and it's quiet.

The Bryston can get warm but I normally dont get too crazy with it. The fact that the rack is open inside the closet is good. If the equipment were in an enclosed cabinet, forget about it.

I considered regular rack-mounted cooling units but the prices are nuts.

Back
Top Bottom