My Grandfather's system restored and reunited

invalidbuffa

First time posting in a while...We recently moved to a home on a farm and amidst the ongoing chaos I finally had some time to set up the Hi-Fi. This was my granddad's system (except for the turntable) he used back in the 60's which I inherited after his passing and restored over several years. Until now I haven't used the components together.

Thorens TD150 mkii - Denon DL110 - Rewired with Cardas, new connectors, cork mat
Scott 355
McIntosh MC30
Altec Lansing A7 - 416A, 802C, rebuilt N800D x-overs

The system makes the music come alive and it's fun to listen to at high volumes (you know, to get that chest punch!) The expedit shelf isn't ideal but it works for now. I plan on building a nicer rack when the wood shop is set up.

GnHTOcT.jpg

qDwIRFu.jpg

--
The room is a little weird in shape and has a 135 deg. bend and an open stairway, but it seems to have good acoustics. I'm leaving it untreated for now
room.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I was hoping to inherit my grandfather's system, but he seems to have passed it along when he was downsizing. He got me into high end audio and I may recreate it someday. So, I find it really cool that you've got the original system from your grandfather.

Here's my grandfather's system (speakers were big NEARs). Audio Research, Rotel, Bryston, Project, Magnum Dynalab.

20150720_150157.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I was hoping to inherit my grandfather's system, but he seems to have passed it along when he was downsizing. He got me into high end audio and I may recreate it someday. So, I find it really cool that you've got the original system from your grandfather.

Here's my grandfather's system (speakers were big NEARs). Audio Research, Rotel, Bryston, Project, Magnum Dynalab.

Shucks, that looks like a helluva good rig. Those Magnum tuners sure look classy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom