My "Hamster" room setup

First of all - what a heck is "Hamster" room?
When my kids were little (a long time ago :tears:) one day they decided that they are capable of taking care of some living creature.
Here enters the hamster. We had spare bedroom, so he resided there hence
"The Hamster Room".
Years passed by, hamster couldn't handle my kid's care and...you know...
So now we use this room as a mini-family room (couch, TV).
And we (my wife and me) spend a lot of time there since kids left the house:
our son serves in the Navy (DDG-62) and based in Japan (ouch!) and daughter is junior at Duke (no basketball jokes please!)

And now back to the system.

-40" Toshiba LCD HDTV with Comcast box
-Panasonic Blue Ray player
- pair of HTD Level 4 floorstanders
- DIY turntable
- Rotel RDV-1045 DVD player (serves as CD player).
- Rotel RA-1063 integrated amplifier
- and lastly DIY stand to house audio stuff.

Just finished hooking everything together and now enjoying music :music:
Life is good...until another urge "to upgrade" hits...

DSCN1332.JPG

DSCN1336.JPG

DSCN1335.JPG

Nice setup! My son was in the Air Force stationed in Japan - about 200 miles north of the epicenter - he loved it - glad he is home now.

Great looking system.

Any other pictures of the rack? Is that 80/20 tubing? Is that 80/20 on the TT as well? Very cool.

OK, I was hoping someone else would ask so I don't appear to be the dumb one....but what are those two things on the bottom shelf? External crossovers? If so I'm guessing they are showing a frequency and the slight difference is due to room correction?

My hamster room setup

OK, I was hoping someone else would ask so I don't appear to be the dumb one....but what are those two things on the bottom shelf? External crossovers? If so I'm guessing they are showing a frequency and the slight difference is due to room correction?

I wish my setup is so advanced. But no. This is a regulated DC power supply for the turntable. Since I have an access to several of them I found it to be much more convenient than building my own.

Thanks, BTW everything looks fantastic. I'm former Navy as well, worked in the cryptographic vault at a naval air station. Good luck to your son. I'm guessing he does sonar work?

Love the room!
Avatar is cool as well. Is that one of those RCA Videodisc's that used a stylus? (har har)

:D

Back
Top Bottom