My Hi-Fi

MistaChen

**UPDATED PICS ON PAGE 3**

Hi! This is my first post on AudioKarma.
I've been reading this site for a long time and I finally put together a system which was inspired by my dad. I remember looking at and playing with dads stereo cabinet since I was probably 4 or 5. It was a Harmon Kardon hk630, some unknown brand small floorstanders, and a technics turntable all in a narrow upright stereo stand.

So I put together my own version of his setup. Starting with a NAD C556 tuntable that I put a Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge on, feeding into a Sansui G-5700, which powers my Celestion Ditton 662s. And I F'n LOVE it! I think I'm hooked. I want a system in every room of my house now lol.
Anyways, heres some pics:

My appologies, I don't know how to resize pics. And shi**y pics taken with an ancient Blackberry tablet.
23u7gjo.jpg

t5jgw7.jpg

iqkhgi.jpg

5kk65l.jpg

Last edited:
Ancient? Blackberry tablets only came out a couple of years ago :eek:

That is a nice simple setup, I can dig it!

As always nice to see new members and their systems.
Enjoy your stay.
Welcome to the addiction...er...a....hobby:D

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun putting this together. My BB tablet feels like Fred Flintstone built it compared to a new ipad LOL.

I can never tire of looking at Sansui and man....that TT is a "ringer" in complimenting the G-5700 too. Congrats on a "no stumble" first step! Welcome!

Last edited:
I remember the HK stuff well. Thanks for the sharing, I'll bet you're liking what you're hearing out of that stuff.

I still have the hk630 but it needs work. I used it for a few weeks before I picked up the Sansui but then the sound started to break up and cut out. I found a clean little Luxman sq700a at a pawn shop I picked up as a backup amp, but I think it's too wimpy to make the dittons sing. Im just hoping the Sansui doesn't kick the bucket for a while.

If it hasn't had a good servicing, wouldn't be a bad idea to start creating a stash to do it.
As much as we all go on about the larger G series....the smaller ones truly perform well and dish out a very clean sound. I have a G-9000 and even that doesn't have me dissin' my G-6000.

Looks great!

Have you played around with speaker placement much? If your normal listening position is on the couch then the speakers might sound better on the other wall next to the stereo, obviously it depends on logistics etc and how you like to listen.

cheers!

Looks great!

Have you played around with speaker placement much? If your normal listening position is on the couch then the speakers might sound better on the other wall next to the stereo, obviously it depends on logistics etc and how you like to listen.

cheers!

Thanks,

Yeah, its a weird shaped living room. The speakers are on either side the love seat and face the couch and dining room. They're also facing the kitchen and stairs up and down, so when we crank it up its nice and clear throughout the entire house. Eventually I want this system in the man cave in the basement, but we have to finish developing the basement first.

Welcome to AK!! Another Nagy user....great cartridges!

Thanks, this site is an amazing resource.

Yep, that is a great cartridge. I had to hook up my CD player because the stock OM-5E was pissing me off more than it was making me happy. Then I installed the Nagy and i'm loving it.

nice set up :thmbsp: those empty shelves are in danger of filling up if you hang around the inmates here...:D

Updated Pics

Picked up some new speakers today! Infinity RS IIs.

I also had both amps serviced, and everything sounds amazing now.

I'm crazy about the Dittons, and didn't think I'd ever want to replace them but I couldn't turn down this deal.

The Infinitys are a completely different sound.
The Celestions have more airy and sparkly highs and big effortless bass while the Infinitys are more restrained and have a refined monitor-like sound. I've read that these speakers are fairly power hungry so i'm sure more wpc would do them justice.
Heres some pics:

2mz9vkl.jpg

flyl93.jpg

2zjf1wj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom