My horn has been identified!

Tim,

See, I TOLD you! :) It is a shame that the source of your single cabinet wasn't a stereoplex, or bi-plex, or whatever you would have called two theaters in the old days in one complex, so that it could have sourced two of these unique A-7's, since they only usually put a single one of these in the old movie houses behind screen center.

Hey, everything usually comes full circle. I hear predictions that mono will be popular again. :) You'll be all set!

Rob

Can you say center channel for movies? Its what is was made for, tubes only of course. The devil made me write that!

Oh, forgot to say that those are considered by many to be the best multy cell horns ever made. Quite the score! I'm really proud of you(sniff). Fisher tube recievers and Altec speakers.
By the way the Fisher 500 does not have a center channel output like the 400 does in case you wanted to drive 3 of those beasts in the future.

Kama what ever happend to those big ass jbl/altec horn speakers you got wayyyyy back ever get them going?

This last weekend I was supposed to get it done, but I'm still working on the audio room, and had to put new shutters on the house. I'll post pics of the room when I'm done....turning out to be something special :)

The problem is that my horn is a bit beat up, and one of the end sections is cracked off at the end. So, I came up with an ingenious solution!

First, I cut out thick cardboard forms the exact size of the missing chunks, and hot glued them into place (and believe it or not, they were very sturdy!). Next, I'm applying a couple of layers of wallboard compound to fill and finish the horn, after which I'll paint it the appropriate Altec gray. I don't really care if it is worth more in it's "original" state, I just want to be able to listen and look at a perfect flawless horn :)

To think I almost threw it out!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom