My house is haunted, it's going nuts tonight

repair_guy

I know this is really off topic, but.

It's really going tonight, full on. Semi loud bang sounds, a weird dragging noise, banging on the walls in vacant rooms, like a different noise all the time every few seconds or so. Nothing new to me anyway, it's been going on for over 10 years, usually between 2am to 4am. I tried to record it many times, and then the noises stop. I guess that's just to mess with me. It's stopped for now since I started writing this, but will probably start up again. A couple times it was so loud I ran outside thinking the house was coming down (even the floor was shaking) , only to find a nice quiet night outside. I seriously considered sleeping outside, but like an idiot I went back in for more. I guess that's what you get for buying a house built on an old indian burial ground. I'm not kidding about that.

I'm the only one here, so I guess no. I find it hard to believe the plumbing would be able to do this (shakes the floor sometimes). There's no water even being used right now.

It's just one of those things that happens. A few minutes ago I heard a sound like someone dragging tools across the floor in the other room. I'm sure they'll be more to come.

I know that plumbing sound. When you I use the hot water, a bit of time after I'll hear a small noise that goes away. This is not even close to that tiny noise. I don't really care, this is not scary anyway, it's just interesting. It's been way worse before, and I live in Florida.

Freq range? I'd guess 70hz to 400hz, but I'm no computer.

There's other things too, like the crack sound. I'll have people over and there will be this loud crack, like it was right behind your head (really loud and no echo). Everyone else heard it too and was kind of freaked out, or creeped out. I'm pretty use to these shenanigans.

When I use to live in the UK in the early 1980's ... a friend of mine was renting a home and the landlord told him before he moved in that it was haunted.

My friend said okay ... shook it off at the time, thought it was funny. Some months latter told me that he heard unexplained noises all the time.

I didn't really take this stuff as anything but campfire stories for kids, until I lived something over five years in a certain rather paranomally entertaining converted wood barracks at Ft. Jackson.
The property I now reside has been described by some sensitive visitors as some sort of active astral portal. I've learned to ignore the more intense psychic noise that it occasionally brings to have some peace of mind when it's especially active. The occasional odor of various tobaccos (the "smoking ghosts") can be very strong and linger for days.
Dunno.
Also don't know legalities of disclosure on this stuff for transfer of custodianship of land.

it's been going on for over 10 years, usually between 2am to 4am. I tried to record it many times, and then the noises stop. I guess that's just to mess with me. It's stopped for now since I started writing this, but will probably start up again.

Well it ain't killed ya yet in ten years and look at the bright side you still have internet.

Who you gonna call?

I see what you did there...

All houses have noises. You think the stick building is perfect? All stress relieved?
That things haven't settled and changed the tensions and compressions in the structural members?
And what about daytime heating and night time cooling?
Think that doesn't pull things all cattywumpus?

I have plenty of that in my 1945 brick cape cod house, and have heard plenty of it in my parent's 1960's brick ranch house.
One can correlate and find the sources of noises generated by the heating and cooling plant as it cycles (and there are PLENTY of them)
and eliminate them, but structural things are buried in walls.

Eventually some will reveal themselves, as cracks in the walls - plaster or drywall.

Eh that's not too bad.
I usually am a skeptic, though I lived in a haunted house in Los angeles and my landlord has to lower the rent and discloses that every tenant comments of strange ghost activity.
Doors open despite raised carpets (wind cannot push any of these heavy oak doors that drag on carpet), knockings, footsteps (heavy boots), blankets ripped off a few guests, poking (always arms), and once a fork dropped from the middle of the kitchen, straight down.
My grandparents house is also haunted. Sounds like kids running early morning, my grandma and grandpa (rip) don't run in the house. Also 'they' whisper your name through the window, which is insanely creepy.

All houses have noises. You think the stick building is perfect? All stress relieved?
That things haven't settled and changed the tensions and compressions in the structural members?
And what about daytime heating and night time cooling?
Think that doesn't pull things all cattywumpus?

I have plenty of that in my 1945 brick cape cod house, and have heard plenty of it in my parent's 1960's brick ranch house.
One can correlate and find the sources of noises generated by the heating and cooling plant as it cycles (and there are PLENTY of them)
and eliminate them, but structural things are buried in walls.

Eventually some will reveal themselves, as cracks in the walls - plaster or drywall.

You got that right. It's wrecking the house right now again. During the last few years all the nails are popping out of the ceiling along the walls, I hit them in but they eventually work their way out again. And there's a crack in the ceiling in the living room about 3 feet long.

IMG_20160509_025939_zpsqulrd3jr.jpg

IMG_20160509_030003_zps71w6ff8n.jpg

Eh that's not too bad.
I usually am a skeptic, though I lived in a haunted house in Los angeles and my landlord has to lower the rent and discloses that every tenant comments of strange ghost activity.
Doors open despite raised carpets (wind cannot push any of these heavy oak doors that drag on carpet), knockings, footsteps (heavy boots), blankets ripped off a few guests, poking (always arms), and once a fork dropped from the middle of the kitchen, straight down.
My grandparents house is also haunted. Sounds like kids running early morning, my grandma and grandpa (rip) don't run in the house. Also 'they' whisper your name through the window, which is insanely creepy.

That's actually really scary. I don't know how you put up with that. If that happend to me, I would out of there so fast it would make your head spin.

I'm a bit of a skeptic myself, but if I seen all that stuff go down I'd be far from skeptical.

There are no such things as "ghosts" but we have deamons around us, they (some of them) like to scare us. I lived in a haunted house once in Oslo Norway years ago, an old brothel btw. Not easy to scare me but I remember waking up unable to move, like if someone was holding me down. Lived in another haunted house later on where I did not notice anything but my outlaw biker neighbour was scared away.

If you have endured this for ten years allready you might be able to live with it

I'm not worried about whatever it is, it won't hurt me. When it gets really bad I do worry a little about the structure of the house. It can really sound as if it's being pulled on, and that's with no wind outside at all and 70 degree temperature.

That thing about being held down has happened to me here several times. I just thought it was sleep paralysis. Whatever it is, it's a terrifying experience. You feel yourself being held down and having a hard time breathing but are still asleep. Then you're held in some kind of white looking space trying desperately to wake up, all while feeling like you're going upwards. Then you finally wake up in a sweat, in the middle of the night and see colorful but strange drawings on your walls. They fade after a minute or so, but it's very weird.

Back
Top Bottom