My house is haunted, it's going nuts tonight

IMG_1100.JPG

I have a friend on another forum who posted this picture of him smoking a cigar. Does anyone else see the little ghost child in the window to the left of the shadows feet? I asked Alan about it and he said "they don't bother the ghosts and the ghosts leave them alone."

We bought a house 6 years ago after losing ours in a tornado and the house we bought was haunted. I have been touched, shoved on my shoulder, saw a pillow fly off the sofa into the center of the floor, heard it speak directly into my ear. Loud bang or knock and then seeing a black softball sized spot shoot into another room, the finials on a ceiling fan started clacking together without being touched, etc.

It only messed with me and left my wife alone. For some reason it never scared me. It has not been active for the last 3 years so I guess it may have moved on. But it made me a believer.

Did it say, "Aja is overhyped and not as good as people make it out to be?" (in a ghostly voice)

Wasn't particularly fond of Bread. Like being assaulted with a pillowcase full of marshmallows and corn syrup.

We have a fairly large cast of characters as "visitors", including some of our rescue dogs passed. Tonight we have one (maybe more) of what we refer to as "the smoking ghosts" with a powerful fragrance of fresh fine tobacco, like a gourmet cigarillo, in for the evening. Any stronger, my eyes would be watering.

We have a fairly large cast of characters as "visitors", including some of our rescue dogs passed. Tonight we have one (maybe more) of what we refer to as "the smoking ghosts" with a powerful fragrance of fresh fine tobacco, like a gourmet cigarillo, in for the evening. Any stronger, my eyes would be watering.
Far out, man.

I guess they call it Angel Station for a reason.

It's probably the first thing they do when they reach our planet...light up a stoogey.

I thought that down south they called them 'Haints' (derivative of 'haunt').

On a related note, apparently there is a tradition of painting the ceiling of your big Southern covered front porch in shades of blue, which is supposed to chase away haints. There is even a color referred to as 'Haint Blue' although it may not be a particular shade but more of a general term for anti-haint ceiling paint.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/ar...s-and-techniques/sw-article-pro-thewhysbehind

Sherwin-Williams has 218 colors of blue on their site and I do not know whether one of them is "Haint Blue" or not. :cool:

I have had the feeling of being pressed down on in bed, on the chest, rationalise it and it stops. It's just the brain playing tricks, I think It has been talked on often and I had read about these similar psychological phenomenon by the likes of Oliver Sacks and others I the field.

I used to get this all the time, almost every night, often with dry mouth and difficulty breathing. Got diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. Got on cpap therapy, and it stopped instantly.

I used to live in a haunted house growing up.Part of the house I lived in had been a barber shop near a sawmill and logging operation in the 1900s-1910s.This was in the 1970s.My mother and I sometimes saw ill defined ghosts,smelled cigar smoke,heard men's voices,and an acoustic phonograph,but we could not make anything out.We also lived near a county reservoir,that was originally a little village in the latter part of the 19th century,and was flooded by the county.

I've known a gal for many years that always claimed her deceased dog
gets in bed and lays against her legs every night as he did when he was alive.
me and her husband always just blew it off. she was out of town overnight recently
and the next day her husband told me she was right. it happened to him when
she was away. I never believed her because she is kind of ditzy but I've known
him over 40 years. he has always been very level headed and down to earth.
he said it kind of freaked him out a little bit.

it takes a certain amount of force to make a banging or knocking sound on a structure, or making footsteps. It seems much more efficient to just poke you in the eye or tweak your ear if they want your attention.

I've known a gal for many years that always claimed her deceased dog
gets in bed and lays against her legs every night as he did when he was alive.
me and her husband always just blew it off. she was out of town overnight recently
and the next day her husband told me she was right. it happened to him when
she was away. I never believed her because she is kind of ditzy but I've known
him over 40 years. he has always been very level headed and down to earth.
he said it kind of freaked him out a little bit.
It's happened here.

Back
Top Bottom