My Humble Beginnings

pvdubber

I noticed awhile back that I was not listening to my music as much as I used too. After 10 seconds of evaluation it dawned on me the reason was my computer speakers where not doing it for me. So decided I was going to spend a bit of cash. Not too much though. so I invested in the following and thus far I am very pleased. I have been browsing about this site for a few months before pulling on most of this stuff so thanks.

Amp - Cambridge Audio CX-A60
CD Transport - Cambridge Audio CXC
Phono Preamp - Cambridge Audio 551P
Turntable - Goldring GR1.2
Speakers - Kef Q100 ( Will most likely be replacing with KEF R300 very soon)

Last edited:
Very nice set up. For me, it's challenging yet fun to research and find the peices,or upgrades, that make the system sing. Hope it was rewarding for you also. It also looks like you've already got your next upgrade planned. Congrats on taking the time to put a system together that you can enjoy.

Mark

Thanks Mark, And I completely agree with you it is both challenging and rewarding. What I find the most interesting since getting it to sound the way I want I am already thinking of upgrading. It is a dangerous road I am traveling on.

Wait till a piece of audio gear follows you home even when you suspect it won't integrate into your current setup. Time to plan a 2nd system. It happens to me and it isn't planned but still fun.

BTW - Welcome to AK!

Looking good! Simple is best. I ran into exactly your delima and decided that music from the tv or boom box wasn't going to cut it. This site was extremely helpful.
Wishing you happy tunes in 2017!

Wait till a piece of audio gear follows you home even when you suspect it won't integrate into your current setup. Time to plan a 2nd system. It happens to me and it isn't planned but still fun.
BTW - Welcome to AK!

I will try to have self control. Thanks for the forewarning, and thanks for the warm welcome"

Looking good! Simple is best. I ran into exactly your delima and decided that music from the tv or boom box wasn't going to cut it. This site was extremely helpful.
Wishing you happy tunes in 2017!

Thank you kind Sir, and same to you.

Very nice pieces!

Rome

Thank you much.

That's a real nice set up. Do you have any shots from the listening position ?

As a matter of fact I do. I have been banished form the rest of the house and was only awarded this tiny little space. Please excuse the mess and lack of wire management. I have zero excuses I have been off form work for 2 weeks due to the holidays, and I instead found myself in every Record store in Northern California and did little to no Cleaning.

Now that's a nice system. All those pieces look great and from the reviews, sound pretty good as well. Great listening space too.

Enjoy and welcome to Audiokarma.

Back
Top Bottom