My Intro

And you got me to deal with too, I listen to them daily and their whole catalogue as well. :D

Hang in there Broons, you're one of the coolest people on this forum, we need ya! :thmbsp:

PS: Sorry to hear about your sister, my mom died of cancer at age 50 (she was a lifelong non-drinker and non-smoker too) and I'm never getting over it, hope you made more peace with it than I have, I only have anger and sadness.

Me? Cool? Well, thanks. Gee, I thought I stopped being cool 30 years ago after the desire to wear Gene Simmons makeup wore off :D

As for your Mom, no, you will likely never stop missing her but you can "get over it" if you believe you can. She would not want you to live your life feeling that way would she? Slap on some Rush, turn up the volume and cherish your memories :yes:

Greets from one Mike to another. Sounds like you've got a good relationship there, never let her go. The provisio "as long as it sounds good" means she's listening!

I drove through Thunder Bay a few years ago- took the time to wander around a bit before continuing our camping trip along the shores of Lake Superior. Beautiful country up there. I would love to retire somewhere in Canada but thanks to the uncertain status of pension funds nowadays I'll probably never get to retire...

I'm a Rush fan too, and I've been looking forward to your next choice of avatar! They've been great so far.

..... and I've been looking forward to your next choice of avatar! They've been great so far.

Yea, but that's a hard one to top. I certainly vote for keeping this avatar for Mike, but there are so many great Rush images that it might be hard to stop cycling thru them.

Hi Mike, thanks for the kind words :)

Yup, my wife is definitely a keeper, she's more precious than a NIB Yamaha MX-10000 :D

It is beautiful here no matter the season, fall is my favourite though. When you are surrounded by forest it's tough not to appreciate the beauty of the autumn colours and cool crisp air.
Do you remember some of the places you stayed?

Rush, yeah, been a fan for most of my life. Stay tuned for future avatars :yes:

Yea, but that's a hard one to top. I certainly vote for keeping this avatar for Mike, but there are so many great Rush images that it might be hard to stop cycling thru them.

True. I wish they'd break out the ole double-necks on tour from time to time. The last time I saw the boys use them in concert was 1984.

So true. I've been listening to a lot of "Counterparts" lately and it seems more old-style Rush in a lot of ways. I haven't seen them since about 84 myself as Haze Grey Cruiselines made keeping up with them stateside hard.

So true. I've been listening to a lot of "Counterparts" lately and it seems more old-style Rush in a lot of ways. I haven't seen them since about 84 myself as Haze Grey Cruiselines made keeping up with them stateside hard.

I've actually been lucky enough to have seen them since 84, that was the time they broke out the doubles though :(

I really like Counterparts too and once I got to know the album it seemed like old-style to me too. In some ways it reminds me of Moving Pictures.

It is beautiful here no matter the season, fall is my favourite though. When you are surrounded by forest it's tough not to appreciate the beauty of the autumn colours and cool crisp air.

Many, many places are if people just slow down enough to listen to the trees whisper and the streams chat. I live surrounded by forest and the amount of energy I get just by sitting in the woods for awhile recharges my batteries. Of course, we don't get much in the way of changing fall colors like we did when I lived in PA or VA, but it's all good. I hope you can get out and enjoy nature and let it fill your soul.

I have been a "nature nut" my entire life and to a huge extent has defined who I am as a person. There is nothing better than being in the bush (as we call it here) and most of my life was spent being in it and there is nowhere I would rather be. If I had to choose between a life of stereo gear but had to live in a big city or no stereo gear and live in the bush it would be the bush every time. Without it my sole withers. I can't get out there anymore like I used to but the great thing about living here is that "the bush" is 5 minutes away in any direction :D

Me? Cool? Well, thanks. Gee, I thought I stopped being cool 30 years ago after the desire to wear Gene Simmons makeup wore off :D

As for your Mom, no, you will likely never stop missing her but you can "get over it" if you believe you can. She would not want you to live your life feeling that way would she? Slap on some Rush, turn up the volume and cherish your memories :yes:

This whole post is exactly what I mean by "cool" lol. :smoke: :D

Thanks for the kind words, but it's been 10 years since she's been gone and I'm just not getting over it (I was 20 when she died). I just don't even think about it or her much, and if I do I quickly move on to other less painful thoughts. Healthy? Nope, but that's where I'm at.

The only comfort I have is that she did have a good/great life (and health until the end) and got to do everything she wanted to, literally billions of people never get that for various reasons and circumstances. ("Such a lot of pain on this earth" :tears:).

But this is your thread, not mine! lol

Take care. :thmbsp:

True. I wish they'd break out the ole double-necks on tour from time to time. The last time I saw the boys use them in concert was 1984.

Actually, on the R30 tour Alex used a double neck during Xanadu. :thmbsp:

(You may have already known this however.)

I'm trying to recall if Ged had a double bass as well, or if he or Alex used any double necks on the Vapor Trails tour. :scratch2:

I'd have to look it up, but I've seen them on every tour since Counterparts (which is, as you guys are saying, their first "return to roots" cd after the synth period) and will see them on the 24th! :banana:

I know that they've used the doubles, just had never seen it after the GUP tour. I'm so happy my Rush bobbleheads have Geddy and Alex holding their double necks :thmbsp:

I know that they've used the doubles, just had never seen it after the GUP tour. I'm so happy my Rush bobbleheads have Geddy and Alex holding their double necks :thmbsp:

It was quite a sight to see, the crowd went crazy! I don't know if they're doing it again on this tour or not, I'll see next Fri.! :banana:

Back
Top Bottom