My Kenwood Model 600 volume pot is broken!!!!!

saabracer23

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i found this Kenwood Model 600 for a very good price considering it’s condition. I did full on restoration on it, probably one of the best I’ve ever done, a lot of money went into components, I mean the full monty. Anyways it was singing beautifully for about a week and then all of a sudden I lost output on one channel. I moved the volume pot and there was some crackling and then I lost detents in the pot. Now the shaft spins freely about 180 degrees rotation and stops at either end. So I lost some rotation. I took the knob off to make sure it wasn’t the set screws, it’s definitively the shaft.

Any thoughts? Is it worth taking apart? I know this is a pretty rare sealed pot.

6F87A519-F4FA-48D3-A63F-DA21810EE87D.jpeg

Dan

Ouch. That is an odd one. 10K/100K concentric with loudness taps, R24-9002-05 (S10-4055-05). And it's not even really a pot, but a stepped attenuator on the volume sides.

You might need to get really creative.

Kenwood 500 Volume Pot Repair?

It's not unusual to lose the volume detent in these. I think there's a little spring-loaded steel ball that falls out of place. I "believe" that it would stay contained in the detent sction, but I didn't have to take mine apart that far. I have two Supremes that has happened to and the pots still work fine.

Добрый день. Подскажите пожалуйста какой номинал потенциометра громкости установлен на Kenwood model 600 ? R 24-9002-05 (S10-4055-05) 20K ? или 100К ? У меня два усилителя Kenwood model 600 и в одном на малой громкости иногда пропадает один канал.Какая замена потенциометра возможна? Спасибо.С ув.

Hello it is not that difficult to disassemble this potentiometer. Inside, over time, a part that dampens the end stop breaks and the ball jumps out of the anchorage. The remnants of the part have to be removed and the ball put back there, then a little fat on it and the whole thing works like new again
.IMG_0405.jpegIMG_0406.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom