My Kenwood's Found A Home...But Is This Acceptable?

punprankster

After searching for quite a while, I finally found a Kenwood rack to house my Kenwood silverfaces.

20170904_124903-01.jpeg

Anybody know what the weight capacity of these shelves are? Would be nice to pile them on top of each other but I'm worried about heat dispersal amd the weight limits of these shelves. I think these racks were made for lighter components and not these heavy units.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Not sure of weight capacity. You could always "beef up" the supports by adding "L" brackets to the underside of the shelving, (for peace of mind). Cassette decks and tuners do not put out too much heat. The amp will, if played loud over extended periods of time. I'd keep the amp on top if you decide to stack all three together.

Not sure of weight capacity. You could always "beef up" the supports by adding "L" brackets to the underside of the shelving, (for peace of mind). Cassette decks and tuners do not put out too much heat. The amp will, if played loud over extended periods of time. I'd keep the amp on top if you decide to stack all three together.
+1
Hey I just noticed your signature sports a KT-7500 but the one in the rack is a KT-8300. You have them both? (Cool)

You should be fine if You don't crank it up. You could put a small fan over the Amp . I remember back in the day if You saw that set up in Some ones Home It would have had a similar stand...................Great Kenwood stack! :thumbsup:

I'm the proud owner of a KA-8300/KT-8300 combo myself. Bought last summer in the original boxes_:p

I hate you lol.
Man, the -8300s are beautiful. I like their aesthetics more than the -9100 and only less than the Supremes, which I haven't had the chance or the luck to get yet.
Pics dude, pics!!!

Nice, still have my Pioneer rack from a long time ago. Houses my Kenwood stuff! :)

Rome

I was thinking of an L bracket but the ones I've seen so far would probably make the shelf underneath too tight for any other component. I'll try to find thinner ones.
I'm not sure if this component rack was made for the lighter stuff that manufacturers made in later years.

Is it bowed in, or is that just a camera thing? The amp should go on top for heat dissipation. I need a rack like yours for a amp/cd, but my turntable would go on top, leaving LP storage below.

It really looks great, but I have to agree with jcamero, amp on top.
I know my avatar looks like I don't head my own advice, but the receiver, amp, cd player are all on their own shelves with air space above the amp and receiver.

Is it bowed in, or is that just a camera thing? The amp should go on top for heat dissipation. I need a rack like yours for a amp/cd, but my turntable would go on top, leaving LP storage below.
it's my phone cam.I still haven't figured out the focal length where it doesn't warp the image anymore and editing it is a losing battle.

It really looks great, but I have to agree with jcamero, amp on top.
I know my avatar looks like I don't head my own advice, but the receiver, amp, cd player are all on their own shelves with air space above the amp and receiver.

i did that my first picture. i would also really want to have the amp on top but the cassette player is shorter fromt to back than the oher two. I'm a bit afraid to stack the amp on top of it and for it to crash down when I push a button.
maybe a bit of blu tac may do the trick?

Back
Top Bottom