My last find,,,cant wait!!! meeeemories!!

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
Its vinyl of course!
c3_1.JPG

Well, YES is my fav bunch of musicians in the universe...Cant wait for Rhino to release all the catalogue in 180g. I am waiting on The Yes Album on 180 g release that I ordered early this week...

Wow...another Yes fan. In HS all my friends were listening to Ted Nugent and REO and....

...I was listening to Yes and Genesis, and ELP.

I'm still the wierd one. :hdphones:

Well, you show good taste...The first rock album I ever heard was Yes's Relayer and Red by King Crimson...no wonder I ended up with the music taste I have...:dunno:

I kinda got into Yes, in a back-handed, backwards kinda way.

First off, as a teenager in the early '80s, I LOVED the early Art of Noise albums ("Who's Afraid of..."). And who was one of the founding members of Art of Noise? Why, Trevor Horn, of course...

Next, I heard and liked, 90125... but it didn't really spark an interest to go hunt down the old Yes albums... yet.

After that, I was introduced, and fell in love with, Jon and Vangelis, specifically "Friends of Mr. Cairo" and "State of Indepedence". Now, THAT was the time, that I got to thinking "hey... what about the OLD Yes albums?". I now have gathered up LOTS of good ol' Yes... The Yes Album, Yessongs, Going for the One, Close to the Edge, Relayer, etc... almost completely on vinyl. It's kinda incredible, to see people throw out almost NEW condition YES albums to the thrift stores. Of course, I'm always glad to "rescue" such albums, especially when they're 50 cents or a buck each (multiple copies? Why, of course, whenever possible! Why not, at these prices?)!!!

Regards,
Gordon.

I like Yes.
But, I think Rick can be, to be charitable, a wee-bit grandiose at times.
Mind, I still pop on one of his solo efforts now and then. Sometimes 'grandiose' can be fun.
Steve Howe is another superb guitarist. Whew.

You are right about Rick Wakeman,,,a bit unidemensional in his approach,,,a lot of typical arpegios and scales...

I really like 2 of his solo efforts, the rest I can do without:

1. Criminal Record
2. 6 Wives of Henry the 8th.

Steve Howe is the greatest, most complete and flexible player ever in my opinion.

Add one more YES fan - and ELP too! I was rockin' to ELP just last night (Works album).

Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin are on my list as well.

Great groups.

I'm busy building them into my MP3 library - now quickly approaching 4,000 songs and albums.

I have my "new" Sansui vintage gear hooked into my server via a Creative Soundblaster Live! This is a great set-up as I can create any number of play lists mixing in different songs and work to some fantastic music. No CD's required and sooo felxible. Anyone else running a lot of MP3 sound?

:)

No wonder we all get along so well.....

As well as Yes, count me in on ELP, King Crimson, and Rush too. Some of my fave albums include:

Tales From Topographic Oceans
Brain Salad Surgery & Live Mussorgsky Recordings
In The Court of the Crimson King & League of Crafty Guitarists
Permanent Waves & 2112

Steve Howe is one of my all-time favorite musicians...although I'm still wondering what he was thinking with Asia?????

I was a bit disillusioned though to discover that Chris Squire plays with a pick....

Originally posted by D-Zyne

Steve Howe is one of my all-time favorite musicians...although I'm still wondering what he was thinking with Asia?????

I was a bit disillusioned though to discover that Chris Squire plays with a pick....

LOL..dont be so picky...he does hammer with the other fingers sometimes...

In ASIA,,I can understand what they were doing as Punk had destroyed prog rock, as well as lack of radio play of long pieces.
John Wetton actually set the direction of Asia in stone, and if you pay attention, Steve Howe still managed to make some great guitar playing and arrangements,,,he was bit more subtle.

I have all Yes records in HDCD japanese remasters,,,sounds excellent,,,,they did good with them.

Anyone else running a lot of MP3 sound?

I am... I'm running one of AOpen's tube motherboards, the AX4GE Tube.... though they sound a lot better through that tube, MP3's still dont seem to come close to my turntable or my spinner :(

However, I must say, *superb* sound for a PC! I recommend the whole TubeSound lineup, if you like MP3s, be sure to check them out!

Back
Top Bottom