My latest killer Craigslist Deal

VPIVinylspinner

Hook 'em Horns
I came across this ad on Craigslist last night:

Vintage Audio Equipment

I went through the list until I found the tuner section. Looked promising, a Kenwood 7300 and Yamaha TX-950 and then at the bottom of the list for $75 was the Yamaha T-85. E-mailed immediately to see if it was still available and verify it wasn't a type. Well I picked it up today.

t-85.jpg

It is in very good condition with just a little bit of dust. The only strange thing is a proprietary cable coming out of the back with an 8 pin connector that was apparently used to connect it to a Yamaha preamp at some point.

connector.jpg

Between this and the Kenwood L-07T a few weeks ago I am really beginning to become addicted to checking Craigslist.

You extremely lucky SOB!!! I'm jealous as hell. ........ but happy to know that an AKer got it. :banana2: Where do you live? I never see any audio deals in this part of the country. Most of the stuff in the newspaper is Soundesign or Yorx and/or priced outrageously.

Last edited:
Thanks. It helps alot licing a very large, very high-end oriented city like Manhattan. I have counted three Nakamichi 3-head cassette decks on Craigslist today and all seem to be below market value.

Any idea what the proprietary connection might be for?

Right now I'm at work but tonight I'll look at my Yamaha CD/Recorder manual and see if it mentions anything about this type of connector.

Thanks. I am leaning towards a custom installation of some sort as it is definitely not the same fit and finish of the rest of the unit. I will take it apart tonight and see where it ends.

Back
Top Bottom