My Marantz 2245 challenge

That's exactly what I had done on the 2215 ( my first recap ) and managed to stay in place for the most part but I do believe it did manage to move the pointer a little while manipulating the board. I think more careful attention to taping the large wheel may have prevented that from happening like you mentioned.

Do you happen to have a list of the capacitors from your 2215 recap? I am about to do a 2215, first one for myself as well.

Sorry for the late reply. Working the night shift. I'll have a look at home to see if I have the list still.
G.T.

Fantastic thread I've been lurking on for a while as you progress. I also have a 2245 I'm considering going through. It has been in my family since new and although it works well enough (aside from all dead bulbs and scratchy adjustments), I'm really feeling the temptation to improve its performance. Really appreciate the parts list!

Sorry I’ve looked,but was unable to find a list for it. I’ll keep looking and if I find it I will post it.

GT.

Just as an FYI for troubleshooting boards for a short. or suspected heat issue. Freeze mist can work but it's cost. A simple approach is what we do with SMT boards.. give the suspected parts a soak in isopropanol alcohol and see where it evaporates first. The temp to for it evaporate off is really low so even a lightly warmer component will show up. This is a fast way to find shorted parts. Save the mist for the nasty ones that dont show till after they run a bit. Just one more tool in the back pocket

I made a BOM for the parts list that Steven Tate made on the second page.

https://octopart.com/bom-tool/8Sdi4hQi

The only issue I found was that 100uF/10V Nichicon KL 100/10 Mouser 647-UKL1A101DEDANA isn't found. Is there a recommended alterative part? Googling "647-UKL1A101DEDANA" returns two results: this thread and akdatabase.org. Was this part number a typo?

Just as an FYI for troubleshooting boards for a short. or suspected heat issue. Freeze mist can work but it's cost. A simple approach is what we do with SMT boards.. give the suspected parts a soak in isopropanol alcohol and see where it evaporates first. The temp to for it evaporate off is really low so even a lightly warmer component will show up. This is a fast way to find shorted parts. Save the mist for the nasty ones that dont show till after they run a bit. Just one more tool in the back pocket
Great tip.

Back
Top Bottom