My Marantz stuff....

xwarp

1974 Marantz 6370Q turntable
1973 Marantz 2245 receiver
1976 Marantz 5220 cassette deck
'80's ADC Spectrum Analyzer
and finally a Maggie 175 stereo PP 6v6 amp.

DSCN2603_zps46230753.jpg

I like the blue led in the cassette transport bay. I think I'll do that with my 5220.

Oh, interestingly enough, and it's been a while since I had messed with that deck, but the head was WORN.

At the time I bought the 5020, I picked up a couple 5120's. One in very nice shape and the other pretty much a hanger queen.

I took the ferrite head from the parts 5120 and put it in the 5020. Has a VERY nice sound to it and records very well too.

Note: just found out that the 5220 is a 5020 with the ferrite head and counter memory function. May be other options too.

Last edited:
I've had both, memory function and ferrite head are the only differences I could see in the 5220.

is the a maggie amp down there? 185/175...

Nice setup, real deep blue looks nice. I'd love to get my hands on a 2245 :thmbsp:

BigV

Yes, that is a Maggie 175 amp. Sounds really nice. Swapped it with a Crown D-150 amp to see how the Crown sounds.

Very nice stuff and presentation.

Thanks!

The "cabinet" for it all NEEDS to go!

But that will be taken care of in the next couple of weeks while I am off.

I plan on fabricating my own cabinet and making it taller with adjustable shelving where I can place several tables and cassette decks.

I have been looking for a 12v/250ma replacement LED blue fuse lamp that will work on the door of my Marantz 5220 cassette deck. You can get tons of the 8v bulbs (that fit the meters) but 12v ones are hard to find. I was wondering where you got yours.

I had a similar problem with a Realistic STA-180. If you look at this picture you can see the very odd fuse lamps that I had to replace. The long ones were 44mm .33a 10V. No one makes this bulb any more. I was able to use this. In my application I had to remove the ends and make a soldered connection. Even at 10V supply it was nice and bright.

31201450584_27b1c7815e_b.jpg

Thank you for the advice. I was looking at 12v auto sun visor led bulbs that looked like they would work. Great looking receiver.

Back
Top Bottom