My memorial to a fantastic ScFi Series: Firefly

Yes, I am struggling to stay with Battlestar Galactica right now - a friend loaned me the whole series on BluRay -
just starting Season 2 - but it feels stretched out in too many places -
Yeah Battlestar Galactica was tough one to get through, the self destructiveness of that crew seemed to know no bounds at times. But the ending to the series was just outstanding IMO!

Yeah Battlestar Galactica was tough one to get through, the self destructiveness of that crew seemed to know no bounds at times. But the ending to the series was just outstanding IMO!
You know I respect you a great deal - ... except for this ... ;)

We are (finally!!!) winding towards the end of the BluRay box set of the modern BSG -
Into Season 4.5 already - with just the final 3 episodes remaining!
I would love to wack a few writers upside the head for some of the choices made as the series progressed ...
Adding unexplained mystical aspects (Angel Starbuck?)
Child Cylons that act better than the original (final) 5?

Maybe I am just too much of a long-term science Fiction fan to just accept some of the pretensions and plot elements stuffed into the show -
or maybe I can appreciate the writing of Babylon 5 and even The Expanse over what we've watched in the last 2 weeks ...
Ah, well - it will all be over soon!

You know I respect you a great deal - ... except for this ... ;)

We are (finally!!!) winding towards the end of the BluRay box set of the modern BSG -
Into Season 4.5 already - with just the final 3 episodes remaining!
I would love to wack a few writers upside the head for some of the choices made as the series progressed ...
Adding unexplained mystical aspects (Angel Starbuck?)
Child Cylons that act better than the original (final) 5?

Maybe I am just too much of a long-term science Fiction fan to just accept some of the pretensions and plot elements stuffed into the show -
or maybe I can appreciate the writing of Babylon 5 and even The Expanse over what we've watched in the last 2 weeks ...
Ah, well - it will all be over soon!
Yes the story went to places I could have done without, and I won't wreck it for you in the final few episodes but hang in there, I think the final episode will please. Let us know!

As for the (what there is of it) Firefly series: I watched it. liked it. Never got round to viewing (any "boot" of) BSG. Did watch and enjoy all of Babylon 5. Also liked Space: Above And Beyond (again: what little there is of that...another Foxdrop fiasco IIRC?). But my all-time favourite Sci-Fi -- if it can be deemed such -- has to be Thunderbirds (i.e., the '60s puppet thing by Gerry & Sylvia Anderson).

Got to the end of BSG - not impressed - but - I can see how it was a big deal on SciFi channel.
Felt like it could have been done better, with less filler, in a tightly edited 3 seasons.
Too indulgent in too many places. And that 3 episode finale?
I could think of many places it could have been wrapped tighter.

I did buy "Space: Above and Beyond" a while back -
I saw a few episodes when it first aired -
I've been saving it for a long weekend to binge through

But Serenity was a fun romp!

"Two by two, hands of blue!"

Back
Top Bottom