My modest system :)

Betomon

I finally have some vintage gear to power my Sansui SP 1500s with, since my dad got a Fisher RS 1052 for me.. and it's WPC is perfect for my sansuis (since they are rated around 60 watts). Anyway.. I have my room upstairs in the attic.. so its pretty much the length of my house; therefore i included a 3-pic panoramic picture of the corner and part of the wall in my room lol..

I will be adding a pair of Avid 230s, after I refoam the woofers... but for now,
ENjoY! (because I sure am! :music::banana:)

(I also have a Technics turntable stacked on top of my fisher)

Attachments

• 100_7324.jpg
    100_7324.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_7327.jpg
    100_7327.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_7332.jpg
    100_7332.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_7333.jpg
    100_7333.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Room Pretable Panoramic.jpg
    Room Pretable Panoramic.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 168
Nice listening room

Looks better than my basement man cave,but I'm not as concerned about looks as I am having sweet sounding music.Looks like you have both:thmbsp:

I've always loved attic rooms, have done them in three houses so far with one final one to go. The acoustics always seem to work out nicely as well and having that view out over everyone else is pleasing. Nice set-up, wish I could have had something like that when I was younger.... not that I'm a fossil just yet.

Looks better than my basement man cave,but I'm not as concerned about looks as I am having sweet sounding music.Looks like you have both:thmbsp:

:D thanks, I do seem to have pretty sweet sounding music.. and since my dad is Costa Rican my system constantly is pumping out salsa, better than any other system i have heard before :D

And fiddlefye, my room does seem to have nice acoustics, because I thought it would be hard for my sansuis to fill up my whole room... thats why I planned on putting the Avids on the opposite side of my room (which im still doing), but the sansuis do an excellent job of filling my room with excellent sounding music... Since my laptop does not amplify its output very much, i have to crank the fisher a little more than i do with its AM/FM when its plugged in to my laptop. But at around 7 on the fisher it gets a little too loud for comfort.. because i dont want to be middle aged and have wasted all my hearing my late teenage years and early adulthood! how could I enjoy music then? so.. I try to keep it at 6 if i need it... but 5 is usually enough.

Oh, and BTW... my room is great for dancing! In fact, some people are coming to my house today.. so I'm getting ready for my first show-off :D

Wish me luck! :banana:

Sweet :thmbsp:

What's that old quote...
"Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one's watching."

Very nice. Nothing like a vintage receiver, some vintage speakers, and a space that is only yours. Makes you feel...well......like all is cool with the world. I grew up in an attic room. Miss the personal solitude.....the "my space"...ENJOY!

I agree about the volume, as I played my music way too loud in my teens!:music:
That Dinsosaur Jr concert a while back didn't help much either-couldn't hear much for a day+. I use earplugs now at shows.
By the way great gear, make sure you have a nice cartridge on that Technics turntable, as it will reward you with great sound!
Just read a article in Stereophile in the ed, where a guy was bragging about how he got his friend (who had a "prsitine vinyl collection")with 25 year old vintage gear to update to new gear, and how his freind had a vinyl "awakening". Should have just stuck with a new cartridge (or table) and left it at that.

Last edited:
Very nice. Nothing like a vintage receiver, some vintage speakers, and a space that is only yours. Makes you feel...well......like all is cool with the world. I grew up in an attic room. Miss the personal solitude.....the "my space"...ENJOY!

Very well put... thats exactly how I feel :D Its just so soothing to hear some nice tunes while doing anything up here... even songs I had heard many times on different people's systems just sound superior here... I dont know how much of it is just the little voice inside my head that says.. this is awesome.. but its saying that for a reason :yes:

Nice room, nice setup and nice music!

You might consider turning your attention to speaker placement next, though, especially since WAF doesn't seem to be an issue for you!

Nice room, nice setup and nice music!

You might consider turning your attention to speaker placement next, though, especially since WAF doesn't seem to be an issue for you!

Yes I have been considering different spots to put my speakers, but right now I have them like that so that the middle gets the best sound (which is where we dance :D). Later on, when I refoam some Avid 230's that I have, I will probably switch their current position to fill up the whole room. But I do not know how loud the Avid's are, or how good for that matter... because my sansuis are pretty darn good IMO :D

Back
Top Bottom