My modest system :)

Very well put... thats exactly how I feel :D Its just so soothing to hear some nice tunes while doing anything up here... even songs I had heard many times on different people's systems just sound superior here... I dont know how much of it is just the little voice inside my head that says.. this is awesome.. but its saying that for a reason :yes:

Some people just don't get that attachment that you are describing. For me, it is a combination of the gear, the music, the space and the occasional guest. All of that adds up to an intense, personal, intimate experience that I have cherished for years.

To your point about hearing preservation, you are wise beyond your years. I have some moderate hearing loss that probably could have been avoided. It isn't too bad, but I wonder at times what I am missing.

Good luck at the inaugural dance!

Some people just don't get that attachment that you are describing. For me, it is a combination of the gear, the music, the space and the occasional guest. All of that adds up to an intense, personal, intimate experience that I have cherished for years.

To your point about hearing preservation, you are wise beyond your years. I have some moderate hearing loss that probably could have been avoided. It isn't too bad, but I wonder at times what I am missing.

Good luck at the inaugural dance!

Yes, you are right about it being an intense, personal, and intimate experience.. Its funny, though, because I have always had a bit of attachment to speakers and sound equipment... since now that I think about it, when I lived in costa rica and my dad had 2 huge studio standard fisher speakers (and equipment), and hearing those things just made my day a lot of times. I would sit in front of the speakers (on the tile floor :D) and just observe them (and im talking about probably 6 years old). When my family would leave I would unscrew the back and look at everything I could before my dad got back. I was the one that pushed him to fix the amplifier so that it would work, and was it worth it! One day I plan to go back and enjoy that fisher again :)

Sorry about the off-subject :scratch2:, but you made me think a little and I remember a lot of experiences with speakers and sound equip.. both good and bad :D

By the way, the dancing was great! We had tons of fun, and our friends were very impressed :yes:

:

Oh, and BTW... my room is great for dancing! In fact, some people are coming to my house today.. so I'm getting ready for my first show-off :D

Wish me luck! :banana:

Hope you picked up those socks before they got there!! :D

Back
Top Bottom