My moment of digital-to-analog conversion. Remember yours?

Flipping Abbey Road. I'd heard it on digital formats 100 times and the sides just bled together. But having to peel your sorry self out of a chair after the dirge that is She's So Heavy, having an ambulatory mope across the room, kind of forgetting what song comes on next, and then flipping the record and putting the needle down and having Here Comes the Sun blow me away totally changed the way I experienced that record. Then you really start to think about the two different sides of the record and what they're doing and accomplishing.
So for me, it wasn't necessarily a digital/analog thing, but an experience thing. Of course, the sound is better when done properly, but I think that was the moment that records went from a cool thing that I liked for the artwork and the prestige to something I really believed in.

As a guy who grew up with analogue through my young adult years, I never completely left analog....

Speaking of digital-to-analog, I have a Wurlitzer 1015. After years of raising my kids and then a horrendous housekeeper who really was rough on it (didn't even tell me she broke it, bubble tubes, etc), I need to spruce it up. I'm not very handy but willing to give it a shot. Whew, that said, does anyone have a service manual of any kind for my baby?

Thank you in advance,

You guys rock (and roll)!

mark

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom