My Motorbike gave the movers a fit

The seat is stamped steel off a small farm/garden tractor a friend of mine gave me in 1979......37 years ago. The tractor had a 25hp motor that looked more like a Briggs and straton

Or that. I forgot about all those little guys. They were not common on the open plains.
We thought they were cute but just not serious tractors.
Mail order catalog type things.

I do admire your build. I know the amount of skill and effort that takes.
My complements.

One of my toys is a Farmall super A. 1950. So your gas tank is about 67 years old.
The last snow storm made me fire up my JD 40C.
Neighbor showed me his Quad thing with a blade and I thought "wonder if it will be pushing snow when its 65 years old".

Nothing like old iron.

So that lift has wheels under it but it still took them an hour to move it? Got stuck at the top and bottom of the ramp, I'm guessing. Maybe they needed a truck with a lift gate. Nice bike anyway, one of a kind!

When they picked it up in michigan, they brought a truck with a lift gate. Backed up onto the garage lowered the ramp and rolled her on. Then they backed up to the moving truck and lifted the ramp and rolled her into the truck.

What sort of speed do you get out of that bike? Normally when I think hydrostat I think massive torque but low speed. Very interesting either way, certainly not a "mail order" bike built out of the chrome catalogs.

OK, I call bull pucky on this whole story.

Since when does not having time to use something mean you don't move it 5 times and then store it away for 30 years until you then rent out a storage unit to keep it in for another 10? This is AK after all. :rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom