My Name if Foo, How

Hi, Foo!

Nice introduction.

I live not too far away from you, in Hong Kong. Years ago (starting back in Marcos days - I met him and Imelda once!) I went to the Philippines often, and for a while I had an affiliation with the Ateneo de Manila, and often stayed in the guest faculty apartment at the AIM in Makati. Many fond memories of those days. Regrettably I don't have any cause to go back there these days. Maybe one day I'll go back for a visit; if so, we can meet up and "swap audio talk" without having to type it out! :D

Don't be so shy; we welcome your posts. :thmbsp: Keep 'em comin'!

Hi Arkay, Hongkong is nice. I used to go there back when I was a software implementor for a Garments firm. Crossed to Shenshen on the mainland once but just stayed in the business district most of the time. (ahh i have stories of dining in HK on a junior programmer's budget. hehehe. I go to a restaurant, point to something being eaten by diners and say Yes?. hahaha. But I guess that can also happen to you here in the Phillippines if you stray from Manila.)

Ateneo is one of the three top schools in Manila (Univ. of the Phil., De La Salle and Ateneo.). Those three had the top MBA schools along with AIM so you were teaching the future businessmen of Manila. I went to UP not Ateneo, else you might have been my perfesser. :yes: But i guess you also know all this since you taught at the AIM.

Where were we. Oh you met the Couple? They say He has the memory of an elephant. He'd probably remember you in next life if you meet him again. I didn't meet the couple myself except from far far away and I was shouting slogans at them at the time. (Sorry MOD, no politics) hehehe.

Yeah... someday see you in Manila. There's this row of Japanese Surplus Audio shop at the Manila pier..... Nobody notices the Hitachi poweramps yet. We'll they're low powered and do not weigh as much as the Sansuis. Besides Hitachi's are known for Electric Fans in Manila. But they're Mosfets... I remember when the SONY VFETs languished for years on the shelves... Shhhh.

Hi Foo,

Whoa! FOO, SAN MIGUEL! San Miguel DARK was one of my FAVORITE Beers! Sadly (since I now live on the East Coast of the U.S. Maine) I can no longer buy San Miguel Beer. When I lived in Los Angeles, lol, I drank my fair share of San Miguel Dark Beer! GREAT Beer! Man, I haven't had a SM in nearly...yikes...fourteen years! Anyway, "Welcome to the MADNESS!".

Regards,
Tom Patrick aka SixCats!

Hi Foo,

Whoa! FOO, SAN MIGUEL! San Miguel DARK was one of my FAVORITE Beers! Sadly (since I now live on the East Coast of the U.S. Maine) I can no longer buy San Miguel Beer. When I lived in Los Angeles, lol, I drank my fair share of San Miguel Dark Beer! GREAT Beer! Man, I haven't had a SM in nearly...yikes...fourteen years! Anyway, "Welcome to the MADNESS!".

Regards,
Tom Patrick aka SixCats!

Yes! San Miguel Beer was very popular with american servicemen stationed in the military bases in the Philippines. Beer Sales balooned when the huge ships docked in Subic.

Actually, some of the vintage gear here in Manila were brought in by American Servicemen stationed here. When they left the equipment were sold through the thriving PX trade at the time. I have a Heathkit Integrated Amplifier that I suspect came from an american Serviceman and an Infinity Kappa 7. A lot of San Miguel Dark Beer was probably consumed in the 70s by servicemen resting from the Vietnam "scuffle" in the 70's while listening to their brand new HIFi Stereo.

Hi Foo, glad to hear form you.
After 3 daughters, the Great Dane must have come as a shock.

Yep, that "new posts" button gets a work-out by me also.

Hi Foo, glad to hear form you.
After 3 daughters, the Great Dane must have come as a shock.

Yep, that "new posts" button gets a work-out by me also.

Hi jeffn,

Nah... she started out as a big puppy. At 4 months (weaning time for dogs) she was just above my knee. So no shock there, we'd throw a toy, she'd pick it up, back. Even when she starting salivating copiously it still was not a shock. Danes are well mannered dogs.

It was only when her head reached and then went over, the table top did the shock settle in. All our dogs were loose in the house before the great Dane. We're not good in dog discipline in our house. One day, the dane placed her large jowls on top of the table while we were having dinner.

She stays loose in the back yard now.

Hi Dalarrry. I didnt know that, thanks. lordfoo = rodolfo

Thanks Strangeband, nice to meet you too.
Negotiable terms. Yeah, Audiokarma is Global. I Believe that the motto, "All Audio, No Attitude, " makes for a very tolerant and pleasant bunch of music lovers.

Hey, AKErs i am still Foo, how do you do?
It has been a while..bines in me ears are weaker now...less low frequencies and high frequencies...less power to heft heavy kitchen sink amps and speakers...but the music still moves me.
How is everyone here?

Hey Foo!

This is the oldest introduction thread I have ever participated in. It is great that you are back! Now enjoy our community again!

Welcome from the Black Forest to Manila! :)

Reminds me of an old tale.

There were two tribes living on opposite ends of this island that regularly traded with each other. But recently the trade had dropped off due to the notorious Foo bird. For the last several weeks whenever a member from one tribe tried to cross the island to the other tribe the Foo bird shit on them and they died.

One tribe member having his sweetheart living in the other tribe was getting horny missing his lady. Not being able to stand his blue balls any longer he made a mad dash across the island. Almost across thinking he'd made it safely it happened, the Foo bird shit on him.

This was a death sentence, but figuring he'd already been shit on he might as well see his lady. Upon seeing his condition she wept but would have no part of being with him covered in shit, "wash it off" she said.

This gave him an idea, the tribal members shit on only died after washing it off, so why wash it off? Days go by and he's still alive, but not being with his lady was getting go be too much, not to mention the smell.

Not being able to take it any more he finally washes the FOO shit off and moments later drops dead.

Moral of the story?

If the Foo shits, wear it.

Welcome to the site lol.

Welcome!
I had an aquaintance, Fuad, from Texas that went by "Foo". In spite of his obvious Texas accent, he was iirc fluent in several Middle Eastern languages and dialects.

Back
Top Bottom