My new baby

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
Sounds great...all TFK tubes except 2 GE (Britain) tubes.

100_1212.jpg

100_1216.jpg

nice radio jack :yes: how does it sound?
i see 2 speakers on the front are there any on the sides?is it pushpull or set?stereo or mono?sorry for all the questions but old radio's are my dads area of collecting and i guess some of it rubbed off on me on getting into this hobby in the first place.be careful though jack they can become just as addicting as the vintage audio collecting.have fun with your new toy . :thmbsp:

Chris...yeah speaks on the sides also...I think they are for higher freq. and front for bass./midbass..SET or PP i dont know....there are two output tubes that 'look like' the skinny el34,,,there are a pair of ecc81's....

sounds great...I love it....I may try the TT thru it..

When I was a kid, the neighbors had one in there basement. I was hooked on audio by that time. We used to love to play with it, I don't know what they were using for an antenna, but it seemed like you could pick up half the planet.

Not sure but, does the Opus use the electrostatic tweeters which are the drivers mounted on the sides. These European stereo radios (and their mono brothers) really can produce some satisfying music.

I used to have a big Grundig tube console in blonde wood. Loved the warm sound, especially on KDFC in San Francisco. I lived near the Golden Gate Bridge so I could listen to the Grundig while listening to the fog horns on the bridge at the same time.

One day it went up in flames! Was able to drag it outside in time but it was gone. Boohoo.

WhiteSE said:
sounds great...I love it....I may try the TT thru it..

Congrats, Jack. Great finding, IMO.
A friend of mine has a similar model ( Nordmende from Germany, I believe )with a Din type input connector which will accept a ceramic type cartridge only. He´s got a nice little Creek phono step-up in line with his Elac / Shure combination, and it is positively amazing how good it sounds.

WhiteSE said:
my carts output is 2.5 mV,,,would that do?

I really do not know. 2.5 mV is the average output of a High Output MC, like the Sumiko BPS, ( the Benz Micro MC20E-2 being 2.2 mV ), and a MM has a 5 mV typical output.
On my friends radio the output of the Shure MD-75 was not enough. As for yours, you cannot do any harm by trying, I suppose.

Jorge

P.S. - It just occurred to me there may not be RIIA equalization built-in on that radio, nor in my friend´s for that matter. Can you clarify? Am I just being stupid?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom