I put the last set of bins together by stapling chicken wire to discarded wood pallets. They held up well for several years, however, compost, doing what it does best, ate away at the wood of the pallets til they basically disintegrated on the lower parts. So, after looking at several DIY bins online, this is what I came up with: I made them of pressure treated lumber ... 2x4, 2x6, and 5/8" "dog ear" fence planks. 1/2" mesh galvanized hardware cloth and lots of deck screws. Hopefully the treated lumber will hold together better than the pallets did, though it's not specifically rated for ground contact.