1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

My New Custom “Axe”

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Andrew Heck, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Andrew Heck

Andrew Heck AK Subscriber Subscriber

D6CAA80D-9E8E-4DEC-A510-BA31D66993A1.jpeg 214F429A-B4B7-4EE6-93FC-FBF915B49F24.jpeg 81F0B076-9274-4D0D-9C1A-ECDD29AC6E60.jpeg I had the neck and rim made by Mark Hickler, he also set the neck, disassembled it and shipped it to me unfinished. I had been prowling the internet for vintage hardware for several months and was ready when it arrived, but first I had to finish sand the neck and sandwich a couple of layers of shellac between coats of oil varnish. The last few days have been spent setting up the neck relief, finishing the nut, adjusting head tension, and getting the action just right. She plays in tune up and down the neck and has a crisp attack with a bell like voice. I really don’t want to put her down.
    988BE360-2292-448E-9D1F-8693ADA3F3C6.jpeg

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. louisjames

louisjames The "real" Louis James Subscriber

Very sweet. Please post some sound clips when you can.

3. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

You've done a lovely looking job sir!
    So what's her name?_:)

4. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

Seconded!

5. Binkman

Binkman AK Subscriber Subscriber

pics don't do it justice ! That took a lot of hours.. and bet the fingering/ neck is touch effortless.