My new Dynaco combo and Marantz table

Hi
This was a Technics SU-V2A i bought as a replacement wile my father's was away for a bigger TLC...
It came packed unsufficient, but just the Volume-Knob was bend luckyly. But otherwise misdescripted. She described as good working unit and answered the direct question bout the switches and pots with "no noise or crackling".
There was not one switch or pot that made no noise, and the source switch had complete channel fails on some of it's stops.

Now the original amp is back and this one could get a cleaning to be sold again or stay on the shelf.

I have been tempted to bid on a couple of TT's on ebay as of late but I have'nt yet because before I place a bid I want to know for sure if the seller can properly pack a TT & I mean properly pack for shipment a TT. Even tempted to send the seller a "link" to show the correct way of doing this in pictures.

So what is happening here? Are you getting a refund AND keeping the unit, or are you getting the refund and returning the unit? I'm a little confused as to how this whole situation is unfolding. I had a piece of audio equipment come to me damaged, and the eBay seller (who had FedEx pack the unit-DON'T EVER LET THEM DO IT!) let me keep the unit AND gave me a full refund (including the shipping costs), so I guess that I just want to clear this issue up! If you are keeping the units, I know a guy who does great work (the web address is: www.vintage-electronics.cc/) and I recommend him highly!

Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you, except that poor packing is the main reason why I don't buy audio equipment off of eprey, unless the seller is either an audiophile, or an experienced audio equipment seller, and would be willing to package for "drop zone" delivery (the last piece of equipment that I got was done like that.....I could have dropped it out of a plane and it would have survived!). Keep us posted on how it is working out!

Best of Luck,
Jason

I have been tempted to bid on a couple of TT's on ebay as of late but I have'nt yet because before I place a bid I want to know for sure if the seller can properly pack a TT & I mean properly pack for shipment a TT. Even tempted to send the seller a "link" to show the correct way of doing this in pictures.

I've bought 3 TT's so far on eBay. The first came from a reputable seller and arrived PERFECT. The other two came from sellers completely unaware as to how to ship a TT. I emailed them links and specific instructions as to how it should be done. They both arrived PERFECT. Of course, I paid extra for all their efforts - and gladly.

Sometimes you have to 'pester' the seller to death to insure that they understand the importance of proper packing. In the end it's worth it. If you get a feeling they don't "get it", then don't bid.

BTW - the WORST packing job I have encountered came from a UPS Store. Item was destroyed, and of course, they had no choice but to pay the claim.

Rob

To Hifirob2,

Your right, If you get the feeling that the person "just does"nt get it" or thinks "it's not a concern" or "to much trouble" then don't bid. It's trying to get through to them that a TT is a delicate item especially in transit.

Last week I had a discussion with a (female) seller for an single LP (DSOTM amiga Pressing) which she told me sens wrapped in a piece of paper. The amiga records are well known for their Covers out of recycled toilet-paper - no stiffness at all.
I had a mail dispute about packing a record, even offered sending a record-box to her, which ended in her statement that i accepted her shipping method with bidding and i could kiss her arse. I paid the 2$ for the record only and told her to give it into the trashbin after she received payment.

:sigh:OK, well since the seller wanted me to take the units in and get estimates and I told him the few that would look at it wanted money just to take it apart and see what was broken, I haven't heard anything back. Frankly, if I was in the repair business I'd have to charge something for my time too, so no beef there. The most recommended shop is about 45 minutes away from my house. My thought was, why should I have to pay and waste a lot of time running around when it was the bad packing job that caused this. I never heard anything from the shipper DHL, so I assume he never contacted them.It's still here, but at least I'm not out any money. I hope DynacoPhil hasn't lost out either. You know they probably resold it.

That lime green leotard is a doozy! Worth all the hassle just to have that, I'd say!

Is the woodwork not repairable?

I was rereading this thread and just got the part about the lime green leotard! :lmao::lmao: I'm not sure, but maybe a skilled woodworker could repair the cabinet. It's in pieces but they all seem to have come apart at the joints. I don't see any splintering.....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom