My New Emotiva RPA-1 Power Amplifier

It seems the RPA-1 has sold out. They're saying January before it becomes available again. :tears:

I could take that to mean that it's selling rather well. :thmbsp:

Or maybe they didn't anticipate the sales seeing that they are mainly an HT company.

Paul

i saw the reference in your sig the other day, trip, on some thread completely unrelated. for some reason i decided to google emotiva, as i'd never heard of 'em, and found myself getting same urge the rest o' these guys have been getting. i am currently using an adcom gfa 555 in one system, and the audiosource tripath amp in the other. i might give this one a shot

It's a nice price for that power, it seems to me someone posted nudes of a Emotiva amp on AK a couple years ago. It looked very high end and it's no sissy. Enjoy your wonderful purchase.

i saw the reference in your sig the other day, trip, on some thread completely unrelated. for some reason i decided to google emotiva, as i'd never heard of 'em, and found myself getting same urge the rest o' these guys have been getting. i am currently using an adcom gfa 555 in one system, and the audiosource tripath amp in the other. i might give this one a shot

It would be nice to get opinions and reviews from others here on AK.

I really like the 30 day in-home trial. If your not satisfied return it and it's done.

I'll say it again. I would really like to try the RSP-1 preamp? It would make for a beautiful matched set. Wish money wasn't so tight. Anyone want to buy it for me.? :D

I guess I shouldn't complain. The Carver C-1 isn't so bad.

Paul

It would be nice to get opinions and reviews from others here on AK.

I really like the 30 day in-home trial. If your not satisfied return it and it's done.

I'll say it again. I would really like to try the RSP-1 preamp? It would make for a beautiful matched set. Wish money wasn't so tight. Anyone want to buy it for me.? :D

I guess I shouldn't complain. The Carver C-1 isn't so bad.

Paul

Im gonna try out the RSP-1 preamp.I get a Christmas bonus next week,so I decided Im more in need of the preamp,since Ive been using my 640 Azur as a preamp,and my M-85 can hold down the fort quite nicely until I can pick up the matching amplifier next year.I hear really good things about the built in phono preamp,too,so Im excited to try it out.
JImmy

Im gonna try out the RSP-1 preamp.I get a Christmas bonus next week,so I decided Im more in need of the preamp,since Ive been using my 640 Azur as a preamp,and my M-85 can hold down the fort quite nicely until I can pick up the matching amplifier next year.I hear really good things about the built in phono preamp,too,so Im excited to try it out.
JImmy

I wish you could move faster so I could get your opinion of the RPA vs M-85. What preamp will the RSP be replacing?

Thanks for the link. I searched for Emotiva here and I don't recall seeing that thread.

I've been excited about these guys for a while. I like the look, warranty and I have heard they have great customer support. The only thing missing is hearing their products and seeing them in person. I'd LOVE to see Dave get them at the AK fest.

JImmy

I've read that also about the phono stage. Should be exciting trying that preamp out. I'm anxious to find out what you think about it as well.

For now I'll say "You Lucky Dog".

Paul

I have the LPA-1. I think Emotiva gives you a lot for your money. I would love to pickup the RPA-1 down the road. Thanks for the review.

BTW Paul, love your avatar. That's my favorite Xmas CD. Wish she made it in SACD.

I have the LPA-1. I think Emotiva gives you a lot for your money. I would love to pickup the RPA-1 down the road. Thanks for the review.

BTW Paul, love your avatar. That's my favorite Xmas CD. Wish she made it in SACD.

Hey Fatchowmein,

Welcome to AK. The LPA-1 is a nice looking amp. Lots of power also. Did you see that it's on special right now for $449.00? What a bargain.

What are the other components in your system?

Paul

What are the other components in your system?

Paul

Home Theatre
Yamaha HTR-5760
Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi7
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus
Sony SCD-C2000ES
Sony PS3
Xbox 360
Squeezebox 3
Buffalo Link Theatre
Toshiba HD-A2
1.2 terabyte backend file server running Windows Media Center Edition

Home Office
Kenwood KR-5150
Kenwood KP-3021 TT
Pioneer PL-670 TT (on permenant loan)
Sony SCD-CE595
Polk R50's

Orphan
Polk LSi9 Would love to hook this one up to the Kenwood. :nono:

Luckily, my wife loves home theatre. It's a bit harder for me to justify turntables, vintage receivers, SACD players, and gigantic speakers. I love what I have although there are some upgrades I'd like to do eventually like replacing the Yammy with an Onkyo 805 because I need a HDMI ports. For now, I'm putting the Mrs through graduate school. The journey has been fun so I'm in no rush.

:music:

Wow!! You've got a bit of gear there. :yes: Impressive.

Unfortunately I'm the only one in my home with the audio bug. No HT here. Had it for a while, nothing like yours though, but nobody here cared so I went back to 2 channel which is where my heart is. Some day I hope to have my own room to set up the way I like.

Do you have any pics of your gear/room? Sure would like to see some.

Paul

I love this cd also. Diana is awesome. My wife says that Diana is my girlfriend. I wish.:D
I have a few of her cd's in SACD format and would pick this one up also if it were available.

Paul

I didn't realize how much stuff I had until I added the Toshiba and had to rewire everything. The horror, the horror.

I don't have any pics at the moment. Give me some time and I'll snap a few.

I love this cd also. Diana is awesome. My wife says that Diana is my girlfriend. I wish.:D
I have a few of her cd's in SACD format and would pick this one up also if it were available.

Paul

Tell your wife my wife accused me of the same thing after multiple cd's, sacds, 1 DVD (Live in Paris DTS is awesome), 1 live concert, and 1 framed autographed 8x10. I denied it all. :D

Back
Top Bottom