My new listening space.....sort of

Great idea but she dosent like music. I think I just have to bide my time, feet a few things done on her list then start on the room.

I just keep on bringing in stuff I like and the entire spare room is set to my liking, apart from the baby change table i made :D

Yesterday I took the old tv from the wall to make room for a r2r XD

So, since the day we bought this house
1. I tore the ligaments in my right knee
2. My wife had a hart attack then triple bypass surgery
3. I tore the ligaments in my left knee
4. I developed a sub dural hematoma and my need surgery.
5. Last but not least I've been in bed for a week with a horrile flu.

Needles to say. Nothing has happened with he room.

Wow! Terrible news and I'm very sorry to hear all of that. That's a huge amount of health issues all at one. Here's hoping the new year is much much better for you:thumbsup:

I have an opportunity to pick up enough Armstrong Cortega ceiling tile to tile my entire ceiling.

Here is a statement from Armstrong's website. These tiled havean NRC rating of .55. So the question is, is it worth the tome and trouble? The only cost will be the glue.

"A measure for rating the overall sound absorption of a material when used in an enclosed architectural space where sound is reflected at many angles of incidence. A ceiling system with an NRC < 0.50 is low performance, an NRC > 0.70 is high performance
."

I can't speak to the accoustic effects. Personally, after fighting glued down carpet removal in basement on concrete. Motorized scraper, step one. Power 12" grinder process failure, step two. Chemical remover, half failure. Went to plan B.
I have swore off adhesives that can't be easily reversed. Maybe not alike ceiling tile application. Just my take. Probably not what you were asking about, accoustics.

I forgot to post the dimensions of the room when i stared this tread. The room is 21' x 11.5" x 9". Ive desided to remove the garage door and wall it up with a fixed 2' x 10' window up high. There is only 12" rafters between the ceiling and flat roof so ive decided to install 3 sky lights too.

Dang dang dang. I was going topick up those tiles tomorrow but someone beat me to them.

Dang dang dang. I was going topick up those tiles tomorrow but someone beat me to them.

Well, with the health challenges you listed back in mid December, I wasn't really looking too forward to you installing ceiling tiles anyway.

Im feeling pretty darn good D. My nephew is staying with us for 2 months and im using him as my hired hand in all this so i have to get the most of him while i can.

Last edited:
Im getting estimates on walling up the garage door opening and installing 2 sky lights. Hoping it is all affordable.

Back
Top Bottom