My new listening space.....sort of

The tube type are thermally better. Also less sound intrusion with the tubes. Maybe you can tune the tubes to a set frequency?

I got estimates! One tube installed is $600 and one rectangle one is $2000. The tubes win! One in front of the room on the system and one in back lighting the LPs

I got estimates! One tube installed is $600 and one rectangle one is $2000. The tubes win! One in front of the room on the system and one in back lighting the LPs

We have two of the tube types and one rectangle skylight in our house. The tubes do a great job of lighting up otherwise dark areas, one is in a windowless bathroom and one is in the rear entryway from the garage. You can also pop defusers into them in the summertime if you find them blinding with direct sunlight.

Sounds like you need to rent a storage unit and get that room set up.

We plan on building a shed for storage. It is always dry out here so mold should not be a problem.

Well, we are all moved in and my honey-do list is almost done so I plan on building out my listening room next week.

Work began today and we will have all the stuff moved out in the morning and start painting. I'm thinking a light green like the green rooms in TV studios.

As I drank my coffee this morning I realized that there was on one 110v line going to the room. I'm off to HD for conduit, romex, etc. I'll run two 110 lines from the box, each rated at 20amps.

Almost got the room cleaned out and tomorrow I'll spackle and prime then paint. I'm going with the studio green room effect.

Finally got the room emptied and the water softener disconnected. We'll rip out the plywood cover tonight and start painting. The HOA won't let us wall up the garage door.

Attachments

• 20190529_153509.jpg
    20190529_153509.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 20190529_153523.jpg
    20190529_153523.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20190529_153424.jpg
    20190529_153424.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 132
I go back and forth about doing that but decided to hold off until fall. For the summer I can spend my evening listening with the door up.

I go back and forth about doing that but decided to hold off until fall. For the summer I can spend my evening listening with the door up.
Good idea... make enough of a disturbance and the HOA will "force" you to wall it up!!

Back
Top Bottom