My new MC 452

Ok, back to discussing the fabulous MC452. Yeah... I wish I had one.
Oh, you don't have one? We need to talk.......
All I can say is you haven't lived until you have a MC452 in the rack.......Life takes on a whole new perspective when there is a 452 in the system.....

I need to fix the Output meter on mine, but I just can't bring myself to take it out of the cabinet and put it on the bench!! A day without my 452 is just not something I want to think about!!

Nothing money can’t fix ...

Oh, you don't have one? We need to talk.......
All I can say is you haven't lived until you have a MC452 in the rack.......Life takes on a whole new perspective when there is a 452 in the system.....

You guys are too much!

Sure I'd love to have an MC452 but it doesn't seem practical in my current situation. Not only are they very expensive here in Canada, but I'd have to get another Mc preamp as well (I'd rather not use the MA7000 as a preamp)
I'm also quite happy with the lush sound of the 7000 with my medium efficiency KEF speakers. No doubt you guys would say I'm happy with my sound because I don't know what I'm missing. Yeah, perhaps you're right ;)

You guys are too much!

Sure I'd love to have an MC452 but it doesn't seem practical in my current situation. Not only are they very expensive here in Canada, but I'd have to get another Mc preamp as well (I'd rather not use the MA7000 as a preamp)
I'm also quite happy with the lush sound of the 7000 with my medium efficiency KEF speakers. No doubt you guys would say I'm happy with my sound because I don't know what I'm missing. Yeah, perhaps you're right ;)

The 7000 is a fine unit! I think anyone who owns McIntosh products of any type are fortunate! I don't think anyone was being critical. Rather, several of us think the MC452 was one of those special products that come along infrequently which hit a sweet spot of design and performance. The MC2105, MR78 and MC225 jump to my mind as products that excel, some even to the point of being iconic. Fanboys? Guilty as charged! :music:

^ I know, no one is being critical. They're all fine folks here on AK; they're just enablers :D

Yes, bless their little enabling hearts. I mean, gawd knows what sort of mediocre systems we'd be listening to if it weren't for the experience and knowledge of the helpful folks on this site :thumbsup:

I would get a 452 if I could lift it into the rack , I had to sit on the floor and inch my 152 into the bottom shelf. I can't imagine something larger.

It’s a hundred pounds. Had a friend help me get it in the house. It’s sitting on a 18x24x2 cutting board on the floor right now. It’s difficult to move but it sounds sublime!

I’m listening to our local npr radio station doing their Sunday Jazz programs and I was struck by how much more dynamic and musical the sound is with my mc 452 amp. I’m using my Vincent integrated as a pre amp and wouldn’t of thought that there would of been a huge difference but there is. Even at moderate volume the difference is noticeable.

Hey Kev, send me your 452 and I'll have the meter fixed and send it back to you. Not saying when I'll ship it back but I will. :)

Hey Kev, send me your 452 and I'll have the meter fixed and send it back to you. Not saying when I'll ship it back but I will. :)
Funny you should mention that, I now have the bench cleared and I am about to repair the meter.....Maybe next time.....:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom