My new Sansui G6000 has an issue

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by par4n1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. par4n1

par4n1 New Member

This is my first vintage stereo receiver I have owned and it has an issue. The left channel works fine in mono or stereo but the right channel while in stereo mode has 5% of the left channels output. Both power meters register the same and increase when the volume increases. When in mono mode the right side sound is great. I've only had the receiver for a few days and it needs a good cleaning. I was wondering if the stereo push button needs a good Detox cleaning or does this sound to be more serious?
    Thank you in advance
    Marc

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Robisme

Robisme Sansui Enthusiast Subscriber

Sounds like dirty controls. Could be any of them. Try operating every control many times to see if the channel comes back.

Rob

3. par4n1

par4n1 New Member

Thanks Rob, I will do that and keep my fingers crossed
    Marc

4. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

It is probably one of the square buttons on the right side, like the dolby button. I always used to have issue with that or the tape monitor switches. It is a great receiver. Good luck.

5. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

So when the RIGHT channel is down in Audible level at 5%, you are saying the output meter reads the same as the LEFT channel?
    So both meters are even and the right side sounds 5% of the Left channel?

If this is the case, then I would be suspecting a speaker relay.

If the sound is even on both channels when in mono, but not in stereo, then I would suspect something in the Pre-amp, and it could be anything as Rob says, Tape monitor, Stereo/Mono, Adapter, Audio Muting, Tone defeat....You need to work the switches to see if you can identify the culprit...