My new Shanling is here !!!!

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
My new Shanling T100 arrived today from Brian, aka Venus Hi-Fi. This thing was triple boxed, a first for me. Even the UPS gorillas couldn't hurt this one. Everything about this player is top notch, they have thought of everything.

Did I mention they thought of everything? Even white cotton gloves to wear while setting it up.:yes:

This thing is awesome right out of the box. It tames digital to a nice easy listening media and I'm told it will only get better.

Nora Jones on the Shanling
through the Harman Kardon A500
out the Altec A7's
:boink:

THAT'S IT!!! I MUST HAVE ONE OF THOSE!! SORRY ABOUT THE YELLING BUT I'M JACKED.

That thing is gorgeous from the power cord to those aforementioned white cotton gloves. Ward please don't post any more pics. My heart can't take it and niether can my pocketbook.:D

Mike

Very, very cool Wards !

Congrats.

Is that the model that also spins SACDs ?

The white gloves are a nice touch, reminds me of the old Roksan Xerxes tt which also supplied users with white gloves.

cheers

Sorry but the SACD version is the T200. You can see a picture of it at the top of the page. It's the new picture banner. I heard the T200 at the last Bottlehead meeting held here at my house. It wasn't worth another $1000 to me, so I opted for the T100. The T100 will play via tube outputs or solid state, has upsampling to 24 bit/96 kHz, and even does HDCD.

You can read until your eyes cross with this review:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0902/shanling.htm

Magnificant, Pro do you want to go halvies on one? I'll use it on days ending with "y"

Enjoy it Luther!!

Alan

I do believe that the Shanling is the first commercial unit that meets Luther's sense of esthetics right from the box!

What a beautiful piece of musical art.

That is the most amazing thing I've seen since my son was born 4 years ago.

You just rattled my whole anti-digital world.

ok ok it looks pretty cool for a drink coaster spinner :saywhat: ;)

Sweet

Ward l'm impressed.

Interested in your opinion on the sound please give a review when you had some time with this beauty.

Wards...I have heard the 100 before...but I never pay much attention to individual components (when listening in stores or at shows) unless I'm very familiar with some of the other components in the system. (If I'm not familiar with the speakers or the amp in a particular set-up...I sure can't tell you how the CDP sounded)

But I can tell you that is one fine lookin' player tho!

How would you compare the sound of the 100 to other players?

How would you compare the sound of the 200 to other players?

How would you compare the sound of the 200 to the 100?

Last edited:
Now that's got the nice!
Will definetly look awesome in your audio rack. I wonder who's chip is in that thing?

COOL!!

Hope you will bring it to the Lone Star Bottlehead meeting in August. It has tubes so it definitely qualifies. I would like to see how it looks on the top shelf of my equipment rack (Linda might see how cool it looks and decide we have to have one too).

And don't worry, if you find something at the meeting you want to take back home and don't have room in your truck for the Shanling too, I'll make the supreme sacrifice and keep it for you 'till the next meeting.

Fred that's what I like about you; you're so self sacrificing and always thinking of others. What a pal.

Back
Top Bottom