My new speakers have arrived!!!

Hey Mike I have to say that those look awesome. I can't wait unti I get mine.

Let me know how they sound. Enjoy them.

Those are beautiful speakers, but I can't help to think the soundstage would be very wide with the drivers recessed like that?

Originally posted by ProAc_Fan
My new Almarro K-303A's have arrived and when I stop oogling them maybe I'll put up a picture or 2. BTW message to Brian B. MY wife loves you because you wrapped the speakers in a very nice flannel material. She'll have something made before the speakers are even hooked up. Plus she said I can keep buying gear from you as long as its wrapped in material she can use.

Hi Mike,

Well, your wife can thank Almarro for the flannel. The company often wraps their speakers in this material - especially when the speakers have a lacquer finish (like the ones that I took to the AudioKarma show).

At any rate, I am looking forward to reading about how the Almarros sound with your nOrh single-ended amplifier!

Thanks again,
Brian

Originally posted by DanTana
Those are beautiful speakers, but I can't help to think the soundstage would be very wide with the drivers recessed like that?

Yes, the design is a bit out-of-the-ordinary (in a number of ways, in fact). However, these speakers can "disappear" with the best of them...

If I am not mistaken, the Almarro speakers are using full range drivers. Am I correct? Are you planning to get the matching Almarro 318a tube amp? It is rated very well and i heard them driving a pair of Bottlehead Straight 8s. It sure sounded sweet, 40 wpc for $1500.

Yes, several of Almarro's speakers - including this one - use full-range drivers. They're not Fostex, though, and I'm not really sure where they're sourced from.

And yes, I am indeed planning on getting the A318A integrated SET amp! :)

Those are very nice speakers!

I went to the Almarro website (Japanese company) http://www.almarro.com/

What is strange is that the K303A is not even shown on the manufacturers website. They do have a K-3033A. I guess they also call it a M-33A (very confusing), but the speaker looks a little different than yours.

3033A_s.jpg

They also have another floor standing speaker, but it's a K-2013A. That's not yours either.

Now, the only other 2 driver speaker looks to be the K-2023A and the M-23A. Again, the web site is confusing.

These speakers are NOT cheap! $$$$

Last edited:
Hi Turbota,

Let me try to address the potential confusions that you pointed out:

1) The "K" prefix is used to designate Almarro's specially-priced "system packages" (amp + speaker combos), whereas the "M" prefix is used to designate Almarro's loudspeaker models. Thus, what Mike actually purchased was a pair of M33A speakers.

2) The final production version of the M33A looks more like the photo you included above in terms of driver and port placement, except that the current model also has holes on the front panel (as seen in Mike's photos) to accomodate the detachable grilles.

Cheers,
Brian

Back
Top Bottom