My new system. Thoughts?

The fojizzle

so I’m slowly building my system. New to this. I have a completely refurbished Technics SL-Q2 turntable and I just got Hot a mint condition Kenwood KR4600. I’m pretty stoked as I spent less than $180 for both.any thoughts on my system? Any ideas on decent/low cost speakers? I’m also looking at buying/building and cabinet and maybe incorporating the speakers into it. I’ll post some pics with my ideas. Thanks ajhead if time guys!00B681B6-4C18-4F85-AF16-6EA245D63C2F.jpeg433C32A5-7604-42E0-9B0B-44DE1C8B2C4A.png

so I’m slowly building my system. New to this. I have a completely refurbished Technics SL-Q2 turntable and I just got Hot a mint condition Kenwood KR4600. I’m pretty stoked as I spent less than $180 for both.any thoughts on my system? Any ideas on decent/low cost speakers? I’m also looking at buying/building and cabinet and maybe incorporating the speakers into it. I’ll post some pics with my ideas. Thanks ajhead if time guys!View attachment 1041493View attachment 1041494

What is low cost to you as far as speaker go?

There are a lot of choices in that price range. You will have to follow your local Craigslist. I would suggest the KLH model 5,6,23; Dynaco A25; realistic/optimus 5b; EPI as a starting point. Some of these can be found as overpriced. Don't be deterred ... have patience.

The model of a speaker matters. Often brands that made high quality speakers made a line of speakers of low quality - as the company was bought out.

EAAC6F10-DD7D-4013-A2BD-4FB6F0C742A1.png I hear ya. I’ve been looking at some
Newer model bookshelf speakers as well. Being is that this is my first sound system, I may not know better, but I’ve read some
Good reviews on this one for example

For your price range, and if you want to stay vintage, you might want to look at a pair of Bose 301's (series II thru IV). I think you could find these and they would match up nicely with your receiver.

Back
Top Bottom