My new to me 1983 Honda atc :) Before and after

Donny

Big Damn Hero
This old three wheeler came looking for me. The original owner was cleaning out his storage/shop and just wanted it gone. I bought it pretty cheap and he even said he would take less! I hate to beat someone up though. A lot of cleaning on the inside of the gas tank and replacing the carb got it up and running. Also a fair amount of cleaning to get it looking like it should! I am a happy camper :) DSC00474.JPG DSC00475.JPG DSC00499.JPG DSC00502.JPG

Thanks!. You are right they used to be everywhere. I couldn't afford a 4wheeler back in the day but I had a few of these. They are kinda terrible lol. Small,unstable with poor ground clearance. But that's what I had and I am fond of them. Now I am on the look out for an atc 110 in similar condition to sit next to this one in the garage.

Insurance can be outrageous for three wheelers now if you can get it at all at least in Canada.The rolling out of the very first 4 wheeler was the death knell for them also.

is that a 185s?

my first was a 73 90, had a few dozen 90/110/125m's over the years - finally sold the shed worth at carlisle a while back, before ebay went insane you could get the entire engine/tranny combo from a parted out one for <$50...

the 200sx was a fun trike, but the bid daddy was the 350x, if had the rfvc engine, one of the first that begat most of what they made over the last 30 years.

Wow! I had one of these brand new in the early 80's. First thing I did was take it up a steep powerline trail. I got to the real steep part, and having never rode a 3 wheeler much I was sitting down as I approached. Well the front wheel started to go up, pointing skyward I panicked and let off on the throttle. For some reason the engine died I think and I started to roll backwards down the hill. I first hit the front brake but with little weight on it it just skidded. Then, as the speed was increasing rapidly I grabbed the rear brake and the next thing I know was that front knobby tire was right in my face as the machine rolled right over the top of me on its way to cartwheeling down the hill and into the trees.. I was SO PO'ed! I got to the the machine, and drove it home swearing I was going to sell that MF ASAP! But by the time I got to the driveway I was starting to have fun with it and kept it for many years..

Grew up on a 185. LOVED that loud, uncomfortable thing.

Graduated to a stroked out, bored out 200X that had been a racing vehicle (guy went to courses and races with it). That damned thing was evil.

Congrats on your score. This brought back a FLOOD of memories.

Wow! I had one of these brand new in the early 80's. First thing I did was take it up a steep powerline trail. I got to the real steep part, and having never rode a 3 wheeler much I was sitting down as I approached. Well the front wheel started to go up, pointing skyward I panicked and let off on the throttle. For some reason the engine died I think and I started to roll backwards down the hill. I first hit the front brake but with little weight on it it just skidded. Then, as the speed was increasing rapidly I grabbed the rear brake and the next thing I know was that front knobby tire was right in my face as the machine rolled right over the top of me on its way to cartwheeling down the hill and into the trees.. I was SO PO'ed! I got to the the machine, and drove it home swearing I was going to sell that MF ASAP! But by the time I got to the driveway I was starting to have fun with it and kept it for many years..
Most storys I hear about on these are people running over their own leg! I think if you didn't flip one climbing a hill or roll down a hill backwards then you just hadn't rode a three wheeler on a hill lol

I had a 200x when I was 16. I built the motor myself. High compression piston,shaved and ported head,mild cam and a full dg exhaust. First time I tried to start it the kickstarter went through my shoe. First test ride down the rode and I got my first ticket...It was a fun bike!

As kids we had a (red) 90 for a few years in the 70s, we spilled that thing hundreds of times but we loved it. Only 3-wheeler I've ever owned.

Back
Top Bottom