My new (to me) sl-d2

MKG

Elvish-mark’d abortive, rooting hog
27528AE9-6FE5-4EAF-9361-CFD950770D6F.jpeg 19621294-6AAA-4ACA-83F9-5510DCDB3B46.jpeg DE6E10AA-4003-4974-A8D4-48E73B447810.jpeg I know she’s nothing super special, but she’s my first fully functional non-fidgety table in well over a decade.
She was listed as “for parts/untested, platter spins” on eBay for $40 so I decided it was worth a chance. I blow more than that on food in 3 work days (prepared warm food makes me happy and gets me through my workday).
Anyhow, she’s far less than mint, plenty of scratches and discolorations, but she’s mine now and I love her. It turned out that she was in perfect working order, just missing a headshell & cart/stylus.
Here she is as she arrived, after a bath and all dolled up for a night on the town, and then working it on the dance floor.
Cart is a Chinese 3600l. Thanks to needlestein for starting the thread that brought that cart to my attention.

My SL-D2 was my main table until July of this year. Great table. Mine needs a little TLC (45's play slow) and a hinge for the dustcover. It sounds great with the AT-91 cart I put on it. Enjoy your TT.

My SL-D2 was my main table until July of this year. Great table. Mine needs a little TLC (45's play slow) and a hinge for the dustcover. It sounds great with the AT-91 cart I put on it. Enjoy your TT.
I’ve got an at91ed cart that I’ve been swapping with the 3600, I think I prefer the 3600 more- seems more detailed in the mids.
One of these days I’ll blow money on a much more expensive cart of some type, but that will probably wait until after I’ve built up a decent record collection.

Back
Top Bottom