My next project: Apogee Duetta

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
I carried the speakers across the street today. So, I'm the proud owner of a Apogee Duetta Ribbon Speaker System. They are in some serious need of TLC, but I always love a good challenge. I've already pulled them a part and started gluing and clamping the front covers. I will refinish these, as the previous painted them white.

One bass panel is toast and the crossovers are missing, but something happened today that renewed my faith in man kind. I was posting about these and my plans on the Apogee Users Forum, when out of nowhere a member offers me a pair of Duetta Signature Crossovers for free. :eek: I was dumbfounded. Me, a total stranger. Needless to say, I owe this guy. Sometimes, life is good. Reminds me of a saying, "at the moment of commitment, the universe opens up to you". I commited to bring these back to life and BAM, I've got parts on the way. Sweet !

Decided to ditch the original mdf bases and make some trick billet aluminum legs/feet for the panels. Here is quick pic of the first step in turning some 6061 billet into the "skids" that will attach to the base of the panel and then have ball feet on the bottom side.

Back
Top Bottom