My Omni based system

Cartman

I have always liked speakers that avoid firing straight at me. I appreciate the spaciousness, image height and ease of listening anywhere in the room. I have enjoyed a number of speakers with sloped baffles, including Naim SBL and Spica TC50 (which I still own and love). I also like upward firing speaker speakers such as Linn Isobarik and NVA cubes (think Allison 6).

Recently I picked up a pair of Duevel Planets and didn’t expect much. After all they are pretty small and inexpensive. How wrong I was. They have a huge sound with real bass and a lovely clarity about them. They are also full omni directional rather than semi omnis. In this, they take the things I liked about semi omnis a stage further.

You rarely see the Planets get a mention on forums or in magazines, yet I think they are a ridiculous bargain with amazing aesthetics and a remarkable sound that many would love.

I have Partnered them with my Sonneteer Campion and Byron. I will add a turntable when I find one that sits at ease with this combo. I already have an Alphason Xenon MCS tonearm that I love and which will suit this system. Here are a couple of pics.

Very nice, I have read several reviews on the Planets, they seem to be a really good buy if you are into Omni's. I haven't heard the Planet, but I do own a pair of the Venus which I recently got set up, although I have heard them several times in the past. Omni/semi-omni's have always been on my radar, and I have owned my fair share of them from Ohm, Shahinian, Larsen, Direct Acoustics....

Big lover of omni speakers. In general I don't think they get the respect they deserve around here.

BTW That's a lot of white. Mr. Clean approves !!

MrClean_Kellan_Audition_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom