My Oppo 205 trigger out, don't turn on MC 152 amp.

audiobliss

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Any ideas why ? I am trying with the same Mac data cable I used from my C48. These triggers are all 12v right ? Is it a Mac only thing ?

Your MC152 should accept a power control input of +5V to +12V.

The Oppo manual is totally silent on the trigger output specification but I have to assume it is in that voltage range. There is an In and Out connection so make sure you are connected properly there. I scanned the manual briefly to see if there was some setup in the Oppo menu to turn the trigger on and found nothing.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure the cable isn't damaged.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, you are correct, the Oppo manual says nothing, and nothing in the setup.
Maybe the expensive Mac cable and plug not comparable with the Oppo socket. I will try a cheaper one.

the manual says the C48 uses a stereo 1/8" plug cable for the 12v trigger. however, I know some equipment specifically requires a mono 12v trigger cable, so perhaps you need a mono cable for the Oppo?

Emailed Oppo, here is what they said.

It is always active. You need to use a 3.5 mm mono plug to go from the Trigger Out to the Trigger In of your amplifier. It’s a 12 V output.
Judging from the MC152 user manual, it looks like you’re referring to the “Power Control” section on the back. This appears to be a proprietary system similar to a 12 V trigger, but the McIntosh user manual suggests that it may only work with other McIntosh components.

So what do you guys think, is there a mono to stereo jack cable, or like I feared , its a Mac only thing.

The newer Mc amps use a TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) connector as they pass signals for trigger and meter lamp (on/off). This permits the meter lamps to be turned on/off via the remote control.

OTOH the Oppo adheres to the standard. So, what you have is a compatibility issue. If it were my gear, I'd simply whip out my DMM and evaluate what I had at the amp end of the trigger cable and compare that to the McIntosh input requirement. See Post #3 for the McIntosh diagram - http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/power-control-cable-pinout.561559/

Back
Top Bottom