My post-Fest review

Jailtime

Standin' on a corner
First, I'd like to thank everyone who worked so hard to make this Fest great! I don't think I saw Grumpy or Ernie get a minute's break through the whole Fest, they are truly dedicated to making a fun weekend for all the AKers. Their families are great folks too, made me feel welcome from the first minute I stepped into the Fest hotel. And here's a big shout out for all the exhibitors who brought gear for listening or donated it for prizes.

The members' listening rooms were the highlight of my Fest. Those who had rooms were always welcoming, and eager to share info about the gear. I don't think I need to go on and on about the sound of some of these setups, I'll just say that I was enthralled by quite a few of them. And the members' rooms were the spot to be after the afternoon rush quieted down. Loads of good tunes, good conversation, and good drinks were shared.

I really enjoyed the swap room as well. Great place to meet the majority of those attending the Fest. And I've never seen so much good vinyl gathered in one area, it was a blast scrounging through all that in search of a treasure.

And now a few things I think could be improved. I'd like to see more members' rooms next year, I know there's lots of work involved in setting them up, but if there's a way to make it easier for the members to get a room, that's a good way to go. I'd also like to hear a greater variety of music played during the show. Not everyone can bring a load of their own tunes to play. But these are only minute negatives, overall, AK Fest 2010 was a fantastic weekend.

I'd also like to hear a greater variety of music played during the show. Not everyone can bring a load of their own tunes to play.

You should have traveled around with me. I was playing stuff from, the Gorrilaz, The Offspring, The Animit and tons of other stuff you just don't hear at these things. :yes:

Just ask Ray W. I spent about an hour in his room going trough my CDs. :D

Just ask Ray W. I spent about an hour in his room going trough my CDs. :D

Heh, at one point he was gettin jiggy enough that he ran me out of my room. :D

That's really the allure of a listening room for me...getting to hang out with folks like Jon who stop by for a listen and a chat. It was a pleasure, sir.

Heh, at one point he was gettin jiggy enough that he ran me out of my room. :D

That's really the allure of a listening room for me...getting to hang out with folks like Jon who stop by for a listen and a chat. It was a pleasure, sir.

It was a pleasure to meet you and listen to your gear! Hell, I probably spent an hour with my CDs, that was some fun listening! Thanks for the opportunity, Ray!

That's what it's all about for me. I had a ton of fun and all I did was sit around in the room. The pleasure was all mine.

Back
Top Bottom