my qualified humble bi-amping system

Suzuki

jl1dca
Hi folks, I've been away from AK for a while.
My living / listening room is messed up at the moment, so I will post a photo of my system later on. I'm running a bi-amping system using BEHRINGER's channel divider, which has a fairly nice cost effectiveness.
The full-range driver, which is 5cm large in diameter of Hi-VI brand, is being driven by JVC SSL-71B (6BM8 /pp). 6BM8 has a very deicate high end, then good for tweeters or music on which high-end range is important. On Original
design, control stage was working with 12AX7, but I swapped it with 12AT7
expecting smoother high-end range. And the woofer is a DAYTON-AUDIO's 16cm large in diameter unit, being driven by PIONEER SX-42 (6BQ5 /PP) for rubust
bass. The issue that effectiveness of the woofer is higher than that of the tweeter is solved by adjusting the levels with the balancer of the channel divider device. The both Hi-Vi and DAYTON-AUDIO have metallic cones. Some of you would mention resonation of the metallic cone, yet this Hi-Vi resonates above audible freq range, and DAYTON's resonation is forcibly surpressed by 24dB/oct high-cut filter. SP boxes are ones originally used for JBL's mid-sized SP's. The very biggest improvement with bi-amping is surpringly improved dumping of bass brought about by absence of high-cut coils in woofers' cables.

Last edited:
Hi Suzuki! :wave:

Sounds like a unique setup that you have. Looking forward to the pictures. I'm considering a tube based bi-amp setup myself.

Back
Top Bottom