My Sansui's

yellokitty

New to your form . When I first got my computer I sold my old system a Sansui tuner tu 7900 a Carver preamp and an old Phase Linear 700b 'nobody really needs 425 watts!' I replaced them with a new jvc receiver 100 watts? Was I disapointed so I started researching ebay and noticed also I got alot a questions about that Sansui tuner. So I picked up a 7070 for about 70 bucks total . I wasn't disapointed that thing rocks sounds just as good or better than that Phase Linear and alot cheaper in price.
Since than I've bought the following Sansui gear I love them all.

1000x, 6060, and 8080 receiver 8080 plays everyday
fr4060 turntable
sc3100 deck
sp 20 and sp3000 speakers

I'm pretty new here also, anyhow, I wish you a very warm welcome jellokitty!

I really dig the look of that Sansui tapedeck you own
and I used to have a Marantz with the same lines but without the wood but I prefer the Sansui.

I replaced it with the silverfaced version of the DUAL C-839RC -->
c839rca.jpg

The first time I heard a Sansui was the AU-717 my father bought himself, it blew me away! It sounds like nothing I ever had, and I always had pretty good stuff, or so I thought.
I didn't know Sansui at all before, it was my introduction to the beautifull Universe of Sansui.

It put a curse on me and I began to read and to read, everything I could find about Sansuigear!

Now if I bought all the outstanding Sansui gear my house would look like a hi-tech store, so I will start with a very good integrated a set of fine speakers (not necessarily Sansui), and my 'first' turntable. (the first turntable I'll have bought myself)

We used to have a damn fine table back in around 1986 that looked a bit like a Sansui from the SR series though these are vague memories. I get really nostalgic when thinking back on the times we bought our music on vinyl, and they were all over the place, including the local supermarket.
And back in 86 in France we still did it!! No cd's for sure, I'd never seen one before 1992 or so during a marriage party. (how do you call that again, hope u understood my french-English!)

Now I'd like to get me a really fine set of mainly Sansui stuff: Integrated - fineTurntable - fine CD-player (or SACD?)- tuner - and a pair of fine speakers.

This will be my 'Istanbul primary set' as I plan to move there in a few years.

My set right now consists of a Sansui au-D9 integrated with the Super Feedforward circiut (it seems to really work as I can listen to whatever db level without the sound to becomme annoying. eg if I listen to a classical piano piece real loud, it kinda sounds like a pianist playing on a bosendorfer in the same room, no distortion, and I say 'kind off' because I have really bad speakers)

My tuner is the Tu-S9 also from the same series.

Then we come to the beautifull cd-player, the CD-X701i
a real beauty but right now not optimal yet soundwise. It's the second best ever sounding cd-player I ever had though, so still pretty good stuff! But user SteveA told me about a technique to really enhance its sound, so we shall see!
The best sounding one is the Arcam Alpha 7se.

My Dual cassette deck, you 've seen that one already, and a Tensai turntable.

Last edited:
Welcome Newbies
My first was a new G-3000 Receiver back in 78 all my friends would come over to hear it it ROCKED Great Bass
My Dream was a G-9000 its still a Dream But I have a 8080 and thats as Good.
Best Froum on the web.

Thanks Pioneer727.

I've never had a Sansui receiver but I've had Harman/Cardon and a Marantz one with the rare black finish and silver knobs, trying to look like the beautifull Sansui line. :)

yellowkitty

for all of us AK'rs puke:, please provide the serial numbers of all sansui items, their purchase price and date of buy to Morden2004:smsex: (he is building a data base for all sansui items)
thanks, another junior member

I guess I better say hello as well. I just signed up today, and I'm very new to all this stuff.

CD Fixer was kind enough to give me a good deal on an 8080DB a few weeks ago (that works great) and recommended this site.

Aside from the 8080DB, I've had a G-4500 for a little while now as well. I'll send the serial numbers soon.

Back
Top Bottom