My simple system, built on a budget

jameselmer66

IMG_20180415_120743.jpg IMG_20180627_073539.jpg IMG_20180627_073539.jpg IMG_20180415_120743.jpg I've been an audio enthusiast since I was old enough to use my first record player. I live on a fixed income so I am always searching hi and lo thru CL or my local thrifts to find my next piece of equipment. This is the system I'm using now and I'm quite happy with it so far.
Receiver-Sanyo 2050, I've never been so surprised as I've been with this receiver. The stats are great. The features are great. It sounds remarkably good to my ears.
Turntable-Technics SL-B210, not the worst, not the best. But it's been my everyday table for 2 years now with no problems.
CDP-Magnavox CDB-500, although older I absolutely love the transport system. Not too sure what chip it uses but it sounds really good to me.
Cassette-Technics RS-928R, it's auto reverse (I know, I know, boo, hiss) but it's loaded with features that all still work well and it sounds decent.
Speakers-Pinnacle Monitor 200M, amazing sounding 3 ways. Solid build, nice delicate separation and sound stage. But can rattle some windows if you need them too.
Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Thanks for all the compliments. I've found this is a hobby that is as expensive as you make it. The thrill of finding an excellent piece of audio equipment for just a few bones at the local thrift is an awesome feeling. Especially when it's something that as a teenager I salivated over at my local Sight and Sound (I'm really showing my age with that reference, lol) or Radio Shack. And AudioKarma and all of you experts and enthusiates have helped me in many different ways throughout my hobby. Well looks like I've hijacked my own thread. Again thanks for the comments.

Thanks for all the compliments. I've found this is a hobby that is as expensive as you make it. The thrill of finding an excellent piece of audio equipment for just a few bones at the local thrift is an awesome feeling. Especially when it's something that as a teenager I salivated over at my local Sight and Sound (I'm really showing my age with that reference, lol) or Radio Shack. And AudioKarma and all of you experts and enthusiates have helped me in many different ways throughout my hobby. Well looks like I've hijacked my own thread. Again thanks for the comments.

Nice system! I have followed a similar philosophy and practice with my own system. As you say, AudioKarma has been a great community and resource.

Great system! I'm yet another one that's built a sweet system(s) from CL and thrift. Do you know the years of all your gear? I'd be curious to hear.

Back
Top Bottom