My son passed......

Discussion in 'AK News' started by BillWojo, Nov 5, 2017.

1. jblnut

jblnut Don't Overthink It Subscriber

My most sincere condolences to you and your family. There is no pain greater than losing a child. I have two teenage sons and worry about all of the possibilities and uncertainties that lie ahead. This hits close to my home as my oldest would seem to share many similarities to your son - everything from the social awkwardness to the deep and complete love of listening to and playing music.

My heart truly goes out to you.

jblnut

Dude111 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Hawkeye83

Hawkeye83 Super Member

Our condolences Bill. I lived in Asheville from 2012-2015 so probably did not cross paths with Will but I'm sure he loved it down there...I did! My wife is an RN working in psych and she's going back for her NP so between the mental health connection, the Asheville connection, the AK connection, and other things I won't mention here...this hits close to home. If you ever need to talk or anything feel free to reach out.

Dude111 likes this.
  3. JosephH

JosephH AK Subscriber Subscriber

My sincere & heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Dude111 likes this.
  4. johnda

johnda AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am deeply sorry, Bill

I know hard it was for you to write about your son. You, your son and your family are in our prayers.

Dude111 likes this.
  5. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

In the course of my job I deal with all manner of suffering humanity. Despite that I am still sensitive to being witness to the lowest times in other people's lives. It is harrowing to be exposed to this. Their suffering can be a mental affliction, a physical affliction or the combination of both. My role is minor. My sympathy for the sufferers and their families is genuine. I see some horrible things that bring tears to my eyes every week. I use my fraught feelings as motivation to do everything in my limited power to make a difference.

The anguish of the loved ones, the onlookers who are in intimate relationships with the actual sufferer, is another layer to the situation. Theirs might not be the physical pain, but the turmoil is real, the anguish is real. All I can do is genuinely be there for them.

I often wish I could magically take this all away for them.

None of us can avoid what is in store for use. None of us know what just around the corner for us. Nor can we prepare for it. The most we can hope for is that there might be someone to be of aid in our moment of need. There will always come that moment of need. It is incumbent upon the rest of us to offer what assistance we can, where we can. If we cannot eliminate suffering, we can show support for those we see suffering. It is a meaningful gift to the sufferer and their loved ones. Don't think that your small contribution to ease another's suffering is too insignificant to be worth offering. Even small interventions can be a soothing balm as they are a show of unity. They help the sufferer see that they are not facing this situation alone and bereft of help.

Dude111 and yockmyer like this.
  6. braincramp

braincramp AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'd love to say something that would help but I know I can't. I am truly sorry for your loss.

7. GordonW

GordonW Speakerfixer Subscriber

Bill, I will start by saying I can hardly even imagine what you're going through.

I will say this, though- as my roommate says "we're all broken, somehow". The luckier of us manage to find a group of people who can support us when we fall down, and within which we can also help others when they fall down. It sounds like Will tried his best to support others, but wasn't as lucky finding people to support him in a way that he could deal with. I can relate to that- I've been there- not to that degree, but it's easy to think that nobody "gets" you, and that's a really bad rabbit-hole to go down.

I work with a Japanese animation convention- which I sometimes call "the geek sanctuary"- only half in jest. It has truly been a home for people who thought they didn't have a place in the world, or anyone that could relate to them- it's rewarding to hear people say "I didn't know there were people who are LIKE ME out there!". It's a real boost to people's self-worth, when this can happen.

It's just sad that Will never seemed to find that support structure that worked for him. And it sounded like it wasn't for lack of trying on anyone's part. There shouldn't be any guilt about that- we can only do what we can do- just sadness that a solution wasn't found in time...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Te-Te likes this.
  8. jelly_bean

jelly_bean AK Subscriber Subscriber

So incredibly sad and sorry to hear this Bill. I have no words.

9. onepixel

onepixel .

Sorry to hear the sad news. Condolences to you and all your loved ones.

10. jhoyt

jhoyt Incomprehensible space llama

Bill, my heart breaks as I read the story of your son's life. I know how devastating depression can be, as both my wife and 18 year old son have been seriously affected by it. My prayer for you and your family is that God's grace would cover you, His peace would fill you, and that you and your family would be drawn close to one another and to Him.

-Jeff

11. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger May all your Curds squeak loudly and proudly. Subscriber

My deepest thoughts and prayers are being sent out to you, your family and to all those whose life Will touched. Thank you for sharing this story with us. I can tell that you were a bit teary at the end because I certainly was. God Bless.

12. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

So sorry to hear this and sorry also that I missed this thread until now. My thoughts are with you and I wish I had something better than words to ease your pain. At that, all I can say is stay strong and feel free to lean on your friends at AK anytime you need a boost.

13. doctor fuse

doctor fuse AK Subscriber Subscriber

Condolences, Bill.

14. r_brumett61

r_brumett61 Active Member

I feel for you and your family! I too lost my son 8 years ago. Try to stay strong for your family and yourself,
    Sincerely,
    Rick Brumett and my Son Kevin!!!!

15. Freds.Bands

Freds.Bands Live Music Listener

You wrote so soon after his passing; you told his story very well. I am tearing up after just reading it. I send you some thoughts that comfort me about the future with such huge loss.

'The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one. You will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss. You will be whole again, but you never be the same. Nor should be the same, nor would you want to.'

16. fanghorn

fanghorn AK Member Subscriber

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear of this, my thoughts are with you and your family...I must say I do really enjoy the buskers here in Seattle and will always stop and listen to them....

17. kve777

kve777 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Losing a child is life's highest hurdle. I lost my brother to depression and a pistol. It was a tough time, I understand the pain. I know you to be strong, so you will go on, but never forget.

If you need anything, even just to talk, give me a call. I'll be there for you, my friend.

Dude111 likes this.
  18. Dingman

Dingman Do you know where your towel is? Subscriber

hey man, thanks for sharing. I don't have anything to say, words don't work for this, IMO.

Take Care,
    JP

19. RS Steve

RS Steve Tube Junkie Subscriber

No words can possibly do justice here, just know my families thoughts and prayers are with you Bill.

20. markshan

markshan Sir Thrift a Lot Subscriber

I am so very sorry for your loss. I literally can't imagine anything more devastating.