My son passed......

Discussion in 'AK News' started by BillWojo, Nov 5, 2017.

1. needlestein

needlestein AK Subscriber Subscriber

Bill,

I just came across this today as I rarely leave the "Turntables" section. I am so, so sorry for your incredible devastating loss. This is the saddest news.

2. zenarrrow

zenarrrow AK Subscriber Subscriber

Don't know you or your son, but I am writing this as the song in the video plays. My daughter is depressed, and it is a mystery to me. I call or text her everyday, I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through.

smurfer77 likes this.
  3. Zekeman

Zekeman AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am so sorry. Two of my sons (in their twenties) battle depression and mental illness. It is brutal.

smurfer77 and Dude111 like this.
  4. Gardyloo

Gardyloo AK Subscriber Subscriber

This is so sad Bill, this year the holidays are going to be hard. Thank you for telling us about your son so we can share our love back with you. I'll be thinking of you today and on the 30th

smurfer77 likes this.
  5. mhedges

mhedges Super Member

I am very sorry for your loss.

I was in Asheville early in the summer and enjoyed several buskers. I wonder if your son was one of them.

smurfer77 likes this.
  6. Ken Boyd

Ken Boyd AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nothing I can say would lessen the pain, but I must say it anyway, my sympathy to your and your family.

Dude111 and smurfer77 like this.
  7. MetalHeDD

MetalHeDD New Member

Bill,
    When I see a busker on the street, it always draws me in. I actually sort of envy them even though they’ve probably struggled in life more than I can imagine. All I’ve ever wanted to do is play music and these guys are actually living it. That’s what it’s all about.

I am actually going through some rough times as we speak. After reading your post and watching Will’s Youtube video, things are a little clearer to me now. I would’ve loved to have met your son and hear him play, or play with him.

As I type this with a tear in my eye I thank you for sharing his story. Now when I see them on the street, I will think of Will. Be proud of your son. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family
    , Jeremy

Rest easy Will
    “That’s the wayyy that it goes!”

Te-Te and smurfer77 like this.
  8. old_tv_nut

old_tv_nut See Yourself on Color TV! Subscriber

Just saw this thread - deepest condolences to you and your family.

Dude111 likes this.
  9. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Addicted Member

Spend a lot of time in Asheville and would like to think I dropped a dollar in his case.

Worked in MH most of my adult life and sadly we see this all too often.

10. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

Bill, I wish I could say more then what the human language can convey but I could not imagine losing my son so I know what you must feel. Any parent would and my deepest condolences to you and your family

I lived in Saratoga Springs, grew up in that area in fact. I have not been back there since the 90s, it's a nice place with many good memories for me

Depression is a terrible thing, lived most of my life with it in some form. I have seen the elephant and it was not an enjoyable thing

11. beanoil

beanoil That's not how this works

There is nothing I can say in a public forum that would make a difference.
    Please know you are not alone, others have walked the path of losing a son or daughter, and we pray for you.

12. Tedrick

Tedrick Infinity-phile Subscriber

Bill,
    I'm just now coming back to ASK after an extended hiatus. I am so terribly sorry for you're family's loss. My family suffered a similar loss when my sister succumbed to her depression demons in 1996. The pain will ease with time, but I strongly urge you and your family to seek counseling to help deal with the questions that will linger.

13. Badcmpne

Badcmpne New Member

I just joined the forums when I read this...I am so sorry for your loss and I will include you in my prayers. My sympathy to your family.

Te-Te likes this.
  14. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

So sorry I just saw this & I offer a prayer of comfort for you, family, & friends in this time of loss!

Rome