My Sonic Impact T-Amp Rig

Just JP

Finally got all the pieces together. Rig includes; T-Amp, AR Sound Enhancer TDS202, Dell DJ20, Athena AS-B2. In the picture it is running off just battery power. When inside I power the T-Amp with a Radio Shack 12-Volt 1500mA AC-to-DC Power Adapter. The Dell mp3 player can be powered from the wall too.

I am VERY pleased.

When I have showed this rig to friends they all get the same look on their faces that I had on mine. It's a "How they do dat" look. I still find myself doing it.

Looking at the pics I noticed with all the silver and black the set up looks like it was made for one another.

Jim

Fisherdude said:
So when exactly does Christmas end in New Jersey? :stupid:

They aren't Christmas lights. They are to add ambiance to the deck. :huge:

At least that's what the wife said.

Jim

:lmao:

Actually, I'm having a ball with my Sonic-T as well. I've been trying it with different sources, different speakers, etc. I haven't hooked it up to my Klipsch KG-4's or the Paradigm Mini-Monitors yet, they're next.

I continue to be just stunned at how good it sounds.

I have also hooked it up to a TDS-202, but I think I like it better without it. It gets noticeably louder, but the bass rolls off, especially if I reset the volume to what it was before. Even if I turn the volume up higher than I like, it sounds thinner and edgier to my ears than it does by itself.

Fisherdude said:
So when exactly does Christmas end in New Jersey? :stupid:

Christmas lights are green, "all season" ones are white! :D
Thanks for sharing your Sonic-T experiences guys, I've been eyeballing them since I found out how inexpensive they are.
Never too old for an interesting new toy, are we?!

Nice rig there.I love my T-Amp also,but I put my TDS-202 back in the box.I havent decided wether to sell it,or trade it to someone on AK for an album or something.
Jimmy

very cool setup JJP. very cool indeed. i have continued to mess with the SI- TDS combo and now i have it set up with a Carver C-2 preamp and the TDS hooked into the 'external processor loop'....w/a preamp, you get to boost bass, along w/all the other good things about a preamp. reading reviews on the web of the SI, it seems they are finding that they sound really good with a tube type preamp, along with the benefit of tone controls, more precise volume controls etc.

i turn the volume up on the SI to 3 o'clock and then use the pre volume control. you get a very full sound that way. i have yet to come across any of the 'big time' reviewers talking about the TDS in combo with the SI. i guess that can be our little secret.

BTW, how in heck do you connect the SLA battery to the SI? is there an adapter of some kind?

shrinkboy
(official inventor of the SI+TDS202 combo) ; - )

I couldn't wait any longer. I just ordered a Sonic T from e-cost. Total with shipping etc. about $31.00. Can't wait!

cubdog

shrinkboy said:
i turn the volume up on the SI to 3 o'clock and then use the pre volume control. you get a very full sound that way.
interesting, thats how i did it initially. now i put the volume on the pre-amp to about 3 and use the SI to control volume levels. sound cleaner this way, to me anyway.

shrinkboy said:
BTW, how in heck do you connect the SLA battery to the SI? is there an adapter of some kind?
i dont know, what is the SLA battery? i use the 12v adapter recommended by Parts Express.

shrinkboy said:
very cool setup JJP. very cool indeed.

Thanks, just building on other's ideas.

shrinkboy said:
i have continued to mess with the SI- TDS combo and now i have it set up with a Carver C-2 preamp and the TDS hooked into the 'external processor loop'....w/a preamp, you get to boost bass, along w/all the other good things about a preamp. reading reviews on the web of the SI, it seems they are finding that they sound really good with a tube type preamp, along with the benefit of tone controls, more precise volume controls etc.

i turn the volume up on the SI to 3 o'clock and then use the pre volume control. you get a very full sound that way. i have yet to come across any of the 'big time' reviewers talking about the TDS in combo with the SI. i guess that can be our little secret.

Sounds interesting. I might try something like that in the future, For right now I like the portable nature of my rig. Now if I could get a battery powered preamp I would be in business. :yes:

shrinkboy said:

What does the Symbionese Liberation Army have to do with audio? :lmao:

I just use regular AA's or the wall wart with mine. Don't know anything about other powering options.

Jim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom