My system (Work in progress)

E9EDA1FD-60E4-4162-83A7-34B7BF0A8670.jpeg Well my system grew by a component today. I bought a 12 band equalizer. F3C18B8F-C45F-4092-B76B-42D2B1D40866.jpeg

Sansui SE-77 Stereo Graphic Equalizer

I have yet to clean it or set it up. Fellow I purchased it from sold me the Yamaha NS-625’s.

My Sanyo 2600 is powerful, but I only use it to drive the 625’s. I tapped the preout to an old Yamaha AVR to use as a separate power amp. It has a/b selector switches and independent tone controls. AVR drives the pioneer CS-T6000 the klipsch bookshelf b2’s, and feeds a Polk psw10 sub.

So based on my cobbled together system I can have any combo of sound I choose.

Turntable is a technics SL-1900 that’s in good shape. I had to clean and lubricate the cue arm, but now it’s fully functional. I’d like to upgrade this piece, but it’s fine for now anyways.

Update... it works nicely.

Last edited:
Picked up a couple of new pieces last night. $127 usd. Guy threw in a pair of realistic mini speakers. Going to sort out what TT I like best.

I currently have a dd automatic technics sl-1900 setup that works great.
The newer one is a belt drive manual model. Haven’t tried it out yet.

Amp is a Sansui a-40F9D6246B-F3C5-40F9-B9A6-ACDFF20848C2.jpegA694009D-E197-4E79-A2B8-39E24C2C8DBC.jpeg 9075B2B2-9952-4AAD-817E-74504A54FA09.jpeg

All in great working condition. The amp is impressive considering it’s small size. I really dig the analog gauges. Loud and clear.

Some nice pieces you have there. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the BSR TT as compared to the Technics.

The technics sl-1900 gets poo-pooed a lot on the boards, but steely dan sounds awesome on it. Hard to beat the value it provides I think. I’ll most likely hook up the bsr over the weekend. I have to say that the equalizer makes a huge difference. It must have noise filters built in because it really cleans up the signal. I love it more than I thought I would. It really is remarkable the difference in sound quality.

Interesting comments on the equalizer. I have a cheap 7 band unit I picked up at the thrift store that I have never hooked up. I’ll have to give it a try.

Personally I think the Technics tables are as good as any (I have a Technics also). I’ll admit that I’ve never directly compared another brand TT to it, but unless the 2 tables being compared have the exact same cartridge and stylus in comparable condition (and both are set up properly) then I don’t see how one is really comparing the tables themselves.

If the Technics sounds good to you, that’s all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom