my system

msh1999

just wanted to share my system :)
for source im using DAC named Violectric V800 and pioneer DV525
amp: Onkyo integra A-925 (anyone heard of it?)
i got the morel prelude as main speakers (balanced sounding speakers with a little brightness and even though is has only 6.5" sub the bass goes pretty low because of the trensmission line cabinet)
and KLH model 6 that are feeling lonely right now:)
headphones: Q701 (pluged dierctly to my onkyo speakers output)
right now im really proud of what i got at the age of 16:banana:
still need to upgrade the amp but cant have it all right now .

sorry for the awful image quality

Attachments

• 900x900px-LL-83d5a4fb_20150828_004605.jpeg
    900x900px-LL-83d5a4fb_20150828_004605.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 790
  • 900x900px-LL-fefe7fd4_DSCF6047.jpeg
    900x900px-LL-fefe7fd4_DSCF6047.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 761
  • DSCF6016.JPG
    DSCF6016.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 731
  • DSCF6017.JPG
    DSCF6017.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 735
thanks everyone :)

Nice start. i bet them morel's sound great?
lol, since the morel prelude arent that well known speakers i want to share some info on them...
The main thing about the speakers is the tweeters, i know poeple perefer the tweeter of the morel over speakers like Hyperion 938 and opera...
They was made when back then arround 1999-1998 when morel USA and Israel was the same company (the cabinet was made in USA and then shipped to Israel, and all the rest was made in israel)
the interesting thing that now morel Renaissance started to make them again (almost never happens from what i know)
http://www.renaudio.com/homeaudio/floorstandingspeakers.htm
in short: its one of those speakers that are really underated and have great VFM...:)

the problem is driving them, probably gonna buy Quad 909 or trigon energy one day...

Great start! Those Morel's are really interesting :) I bet they sound excellent. Watch out for upgradeitis. Its a nasty disease that syphons a lot of money out of bank accounts. Looks like you have what you need to get a lot of music listening enjoyment with what you have, so have a great time.

Great start! Those Morel's are really interesting :) I bet they sound excellent. Watch out for upgradeitis. Its a nasty disease that syphons a lot of money out of bank accounts. Looks like you have what you need to get a lot of music listening enjoyment with what you have, so have a great time.
thanks! :)
and i already have this disease :(
but i already know what is my favorite sound-signeture is (after about 2 years of mainly changing headphones)
so i know what equipment i need to be targeting at more or less without buying "unnecessary" stuff.

Glad you are enjoying the hobby. I was about your age when I caught the audiophile bug, and I even worked in audio shops (sales) in High School and College. I'm in the Biotech industry now. 40 years later audio is still a passion and somewhat of a consuming endeavor. Enjoy and remember that we all hear differently. Simply , listen and enjoy. Buy equipment and music that you like, and "brush off" anyone who tells you that you are wrong for liking the sound that you like. Anyone who takes an absolute stance on what good sound is or isn't doesn't understand how the ear-brain system works nor do they understand the complex nature of equipment and room interactions. At the end of the day we are all experts, but only in what it is that we (as individuals) like to hear and enjoy listening to. Those who pontificate otherwise are sufficiently self-absorbed so as to think that they are the one that "hears correctly", but in the end they are fooling only themselves. There is a WIDE variety of equipment with just as wide of a variety of interpretations of what good sound is. As such there is pretty much something to fit every budget and every ear - so that, at the end of the day, we can all be happy :)

Very nice! I have a liking for two way speakers. I have a pair of Meadowlark Audio Kestrel's that use a 6.5" woofer and a 1" fabric soft dome tweeter in a transmission line cabinet in my garage system and wouldn't trade them for anything. I have been enjoying them for well over 20 years. I hope your Morels have a place for you for many years to come.

finally got some nice pics out of the old family camera.

And yes, spent about 15 mintues crawling on the floor to get those pictures:rflmao:

Attachments

• DSCF6241.JPG
    DSCF6241.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF6239.JPG
    DSCF6239.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF6222.JPG
    DSCF6222.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 116
Very cool. Beats the Heathkit I was rockin at age 16.

By the way, I think the gear that was still badged as Onkyo-Integra was a little bit better than when they split the naming to appear to be 2 different products. I still have a 4-Head Single Side Onkyo Integra Cassette Deck in my setup.

Very cool. Beats the Heathkit I was rockin at age 16.

By the way, I think the gear that was still badged as Onkyo-Integra was a little bit better than when they split the naming to appear to be 2 different products. I still have a 4-Head Single Side Onkyo Integra Cassette Deck in my setup.
i guess that non-integra products sound more thin with less bass and far less musical, at least this is my exprience from onkyo receiver i had (was made in 2013)

They allegedly use better parts but on my Integra 30.3, the same HDMI board blew out in a few months which is the same Onkyo board known to fail. The Warranty is better on Integra.

Back
Top Bottom