my system

lol, had the same problem with my receiver, but i have no need in HDMI connection so didn't really care...

some changes!

bought unknown speakers called Ramko 80, israeli brand, sound similiar to ADS speakers.
the KLH model 6 and the ramko 80 are working with 12" sub named mirage FRX-S12, sounds AMAZING.
the mirage didnt sound good with my morel prelude, so i got them the best sub morel have ever built, IS-9A, i have to say i hoped for better sound, but it does sound very nice with my prelude.
the V800 dac got sold and im waiting for the bel canto dac2 which seppose to sound very analog-like!
thats it (for now)

actually one of the biggest upgrades i have done costed me 0$, the blocks you see under the morel ment to make the speakers higher, it made the tweeters have more space to "breath" in, the upgrade was huge.

the IS9A have VERY interesting built though, double 9" woofers, and there is no damping inside the box.
(((behind the woofer there is another woofer, you can see the cable split into 4 wires)))

Attachments

• IMG_20160402_222903.jpg
    IMG_20160402_222903.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20160428_130659.jpg
    IMG_20160428_130659.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20160427_190611.jpg
    IMG_20160427_190611.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20160427_190318.jpg
    IMG_20160427_190318.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20160427_190611.jpg
    IMG_20160427_190611.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20160427_190245.jpg
    IMG_20160427_190245.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 20160417_140602.jpg
    20160417_140602.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20160218_184024.jpg
    20160218_184024.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 97
forgot the picture of the morel prelude and the IS9A together:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_20160428_130238.jpg
    IMG_20160428_130238.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 59
The (vintage?) Bel canto DAC2 arrived!
though my computer don't have optic or coax output so im waiting for a converter from china that will make me able to hear with my PC...

so meanwhile...
LL

having fun with some CD`s I grew up on :music:

thank god i don't care how my audio equipment looks, because this dac is too sexy for my system :idea:

You have the caught the audio bug well and truly, nice to read posts from a young, intelligent, resourceful and inquisitive young man. Really liked reading your audio journey - may it last a life time and be a constant source of joy to your world.

A friend of mine has the same Onkyo amp, build like a tank, deep and yet sweet sounding. Very nice.

Rob :)

You have the caught the audio bug well and truly, nice to read posts from a young, intelligent, resourceful and inquisitive young man. Really liked reading your audio journey - may it last a life time and be a constant source of joy to your world.

A friend of mine has the same Onkyo amp, build like a tank, deep and yet sweet sounding. Very nice.

Did your friend compared the onkyo to other amps? I cant find any info about this amp and i really wonder how it stands comapring to other amps...

Did your friend compared the onkyo to other amps? I cant find any info about this amp and i really wonder how it stands comapring to other amps...

No Sorry, he is running a set of Infinity Kappa 6 and it has no trouble driving them along - my impression and I have many, many amps it is a solid performer with plenty of grunt.

I was first introduced to Morel speakers almost 30 years ago. A friend of mine had a pair of 8" 2-ways that he built from a kit. I was amazed at the size of the voice coils on those woofers, even more so at bass extension. If I recall, he was driving those Morels with a hybrid tube/SS amp - source was a Well-Tempered Labs turntable. Very lush sounding!

Like everyone else on this thread, I wish I'd had a system like yours when I was your age. Even though upgrade-itis is an essential and fun part of this hobby, I've still managed to hang onto my Onkyo A-3057 amp for 29 years now - haven't had the heart to part with it. Enjoy the ride!

I was first introduced to Morel speakers almost 30 years ago. A friend of mine had a pair of 8" 2-ways that he built from a kit. I was amazed at the size of the voice coils on those woofers, even more so at bass extension. If I recall, he was driving those Morels with a hybrid tube/SS amp - source was a Well-Tempered Labs turntable. Very lush sounding!

Like everyone else on this thread, I wish I'd had a system like yours when I was your age. Even though upgrade-itis is an essential and fun part of this hobby, I've still managed to hang onto my Onkyo A-3057 amp for 29 years now - haven't had the heart to part with it. Enjoy the ride!
Lucky you ;)

So after 5 weeks the converter arrived... aaaand its not what i ordered:whip:
apperently the seller decided to put some other converter, which is a dac....

"luckily" though, it still have coax and optic outputs, so im now able to listen to my vintage dac bel canto dac2 with my pc...
and I love what I hear :rockon:

I think im done with dacs for the next few years (and i mean it lol), time to start saving for a good amp!
500x1000px-LL-00551f60_20160522_183115.jpeg

......time to start saving for a good amp!

See! This is what I mean when people spend to much time on AK - it creates audio addicts :eek: Well my friend embrace your addiction. You are but 16 years old - just don't do what I have done to feed my habit standing on street corner with my cardboard sign "I have a home just not the right amp, please help out a fella" :jump:

You do know that Onkyo is a very good amp. It is part of Onkyo's Integra range which was their high end stuff. My impressions of the amp is that it has a lot of get up and go with a really warm base.

Have you see this?

http://audio-database.com/ONKYO/amp/integraa-925-e.html

So do you know what amp you are prepared to sell your soul for?

See! This is what I mean when people spend to much time on AK - it creates audio addicts :eek: Well my friend embrace your addiction. You are but 16 years old - just don't do what I have done to feed my habit standing on street corner with my cardboard sign "I have a home just not the right amp, please help out a fella" :jump:

You do know that Onkyo is a very good amp. It is part of Onkyo's Integra range which was their high end stuff. My impressions of the amp is that it has a lot of get up and go with a really warm base.

Have you see this?

http://audio-database.com/ONKYO/amp/integraa-925-e.html

So do you know what amp you are prepared to sell your soul for?

lol, dont worry, if i will do so it will be for a house, will make sure I will get the right amp first.

I know its good, but i still have no idea how good it, im always asking myself how is it comparing to other amp, maybe I fantasize on something I already have? :confused:
i guess the only way is to test it out someday.

not sure about what is next
I Know Tad tube amps are very good with it, though i dont have those amps in my country so i will have to buy it blind, + not sure i like tube sound, i like clear, fast sound with clear highs, so I think i will go for ss amp, Im thinking on buying quad 909\sansui 9090
but since im buying second hand and I relie on opportunities,i dont really have something im aiming at...
lets just say the budget will be between 800$ to 2200$

Very cool. If you stick with it, you'll be the guy who's designing waveguides with your 3D printer at 23 :)

I have too many new\incoming stuff of updates so bare with me.

1.Just got AR 98LS which needs re-edging, It will be done by a professional next week because im too scared to do it :oops:
2.Got very nice pair of Sony MDR-CD750 headphones which im having fun modding, love their sound, but the Q701 is still the 1st with no doubt.
3.Made 4 diffusers from wood, ended up very nicely and they sound great, still need to find them good place though.
4. Got unworking Fisher TX300, still not sure if i will repair it though.

On the way:
1. lots of capacitors for AR98ls (will change the crossover so It will become the 98LSI, which is an upgraded model of the 98LS), KLH 6 and Ramko 80, mostly jentzen caps.
2. Bel canto DAC1... since I got the DAC2 and i love it I really wonder how the DAC1 sounds so bought one and it is on the way.
3. acoustic foam (because its about time)

also Will be going next week to some vintage guy to take a vintage amp to try and maybe even buy (he got a lot of stuff so im not sure about anything specific)

fun fun fun
:jump:

LL

Attachments

• IMG_20160729_190301.jpg
    IMG_20160729_190301.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20160729_190231.jpg
    IMG_20160729_190231.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 22
Great to See You are into Audio my 14yr Old Son is Very Much into Anything Vintage Audio/Music probably because that's all they listen to growing up ;)

Your System Looks Great to Me :thumbsup:

,Mike.

Back
Top Bottom