My system

mjw21a

Hey guys, just posting my current system config as AK kept saying my signature was too long, despite my actually changing it to less characters so I'm just linking the thread instead. at least I can add a few extra words and use a different layout.

LP: JVC QL-7 Direct Drive Turntable + Denon DL-303 w/ Garrott Shibata Tip > Harmonious Audio MPA-1a MC Head Amp > Yaqin MS23b Phono Stage > KAB RF-1 Rumble Filter

Digital: S.M.S.L. SD-1955+ DAC, Digitech AR1753 DAB+ Radio

Amp & Speakers: Yaqin MC10T Integrated Amp (Raytheon 5755 Black Plates, PsVane 12AT7 Treasure II's > JJ 6CA7's) > B&W DM-16 Speakers

Ok, the Harmonious Audio MPA-1a MC Head Amp has been replaced with an Aurealis SUT-JT, vintage jensen type SUT. It's made a wonderful improvement, really adds some magic to the music.

Thanks guy, it really does sound wonderful. About all I don't have at this point is expensive cables. I haven't bothered as I don't think they make a huge difference for the money spent vs other changes.

Thankyou. I stick with the sound bar for TV and movies and keep the amp reserved for music, although the amp sounds far better for everything.

Once I move house mid January I'll get some decent pictures up :)

Ok, I've finally gotten around to pictures of my system after I've moved house. You notice I haven't bothered setting up the BlueRay player ot DAB+ radio. I just never used either of them. HTPC and phono are the only inputs I need.

You're right. This thread is useless without pictures ;)

12491742_10153171846886666_5696182017995675717_o.jpg

I've wanted to hear vintage B&Ws. They look really fine.
BTW how are Yaqins tube amps?

The Yaqin MC10T is a lovely sounding amp. With the Chinese tubes it comes with its a step up over current Mid-Fi gear from Denon, Onkyo etc. To my ears at least it ties in as the best I've heard with my mates system. He's running a custom SET amp, which uses the transformers out of a Yaqin MC10T. His system errs towards accuracy wheras mine is more euphonic. I enjoy both, though of course to me mine wins out primarily because its my own system and I'm proud of it. In reality though his system is probably that little bit better though I still prefer mine though thats likely due to the aforementioned reason + the comfort of listening from my own home ;)

With different tubes in it the experience is amazing. I settled for a mix of NOS and new production tubes. The Chinese tubes were harsher and less harmonically rich than the combo I'm running now.

As to the speakers, they're the one component I'll never swap out. I've never heard another set which sounds better ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I cabled tied my SUT up a bit higher than the transformer for my turntable, phono stage and amp. No more hum and easier to reach to switch between high and low gain ;)

12670305_10153189252546666_529425075474880766_n.jpg

I'll be adding a Wharfedale SW150 sub to my system next week. Not too large so it will fit in my limited space without getting in the way. A couple of people had commented on lack of low bass, and sfter looking at the manual I found the B&W DM-16's only go as low as 65Hz. I'll set the Wharfedale SW150 at perhaps 70Hz cutoff and see how it goes. New photo's to come. Anyways, here's one of the listening space at night time when I get most of my listening done:

12688389_10153217969131666_8348583614451252381_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom