VinylDan1

Here I am showing my main system. At the heart of this system are the Nakamichi 410 Preamp and SAE 2200 Solid State Stereo Power Amp. Both belonged to my father, they are in near perfect cosmetic shape and perfect working order. The speakers used in this system are Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-FS52 floorstainding loudspeakers along with one Pioneer Andrew Jones SW-8MK2 subwoofer. The sources include an Apple Airport Express, and the crown jewel of my turntable collection, my Technics SL-1200MK2 that I purchased new in box earlier this year. The table is a 2008, and has all accessories and is in perfect cosmetic condition. It will be soon going to KAB to receive some enhancements, but I will not be tampering too much with this survivor. Currently I am using a Ortofon Concorde Pro S with an STY 10 stylus. Interconnects are all Audioquest Evergreen, speaker wire is Rocketfish 16 gauge oxygen free copper, power strip is a TripLite that has individual switches for each component so I can start up the system in a healthy order.
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg

Thank you all for the positive comments. I have since taken the 1200 to KAB and had Kevin look her over and install his tonearm dampener. Upcoming will be my headphone system!

As promised I am continuing on with my "headphone station". This system is comprised of an Apple Late 2015 Retina 5K iMac. I use iTunes and Apple Music. Speakers are JBL Duet run through my old Schiit Fulla 2's 3.5mm fixed DAC output (I know having 2 DAC's is excessive, but it works well and required no adapters). The headphones are run through my new Schiit Stack that is comprised of a Magni 3 amplifier and a Modi Multibit DAC that are wired together with their PYST RCA and USB cables. Power comes from a APC BackUPS 550 UPS. I have a Brainwavz headphone hangar on the desk for those currently in use, pictured on it are my new Massdrop x Sennheiser HD6XX. In the closet to the immediate right of my chair I have a ElevationLabs hangar and 2 Command hooks for the other phones in my collection, I coined this the "CanCave". Pictured are my Audio Technica ATH-M50x and Grado SR80e. BONUS: If you look closely you can see my pair of BeatsX laying on my desk to the left of the Fulla 2. Up next I will feature my secondary stereo setup.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

Closing out my systems is my secondary system nestled into the home theatre console in our game room. This system's sources consist of a rare Technics SL-QX300 P-Mount turntable with an Audio Technica VS215EP cart using a AT132EP stylus, Apple Airport Express, and Sirius Sportster Replay satellite radio in dock. The turntable is wired to a U-Turn Pluto phono preamp. The Onkyo A-9010 integrated amplifier was chosen for its Wolfson DAC as this system is primarily used for digital music over Airplay. Speakers are Paradigm Mini Monitor V4 on Sanus speaker stands. The interconnects are Blue Jeans Cable, besides the Monoprice mini-Toslink to Toslink cable connecting the Airport Express (I wanted a cable that did not require an adapter). Speaker wire is 16 gauge Rocketfish oxygen free copper. I hope you all enjoyed checking out my audio setups as much as I enjoyed showing them off!

IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg

This system doesn't belong to me, but it is one I put together for a good friend of mine as his wedding gift. While he isn't what I would call an audiophile, he loves music, and just wants to listen. So the theme of this system was best sound within the budget while being easy to use. The receiver in this system is a Sony STRDH190. This 100w 2 channel receiver just came out in March, and while I was hesitant to buy it with out having any reviews, it was the only one available that would meet my requirements of Bluetooth and a MM phono input. From the moment I picked up the box I knew we had something here, as it was pretty hefty for its size. This receiver is built with a good quality, and all features including the Bluetooth streaming worked fantastic. It even has a few thoughtful touches such as a "Pure Direct" feature that turns out the display to minimize emi interference, selectable impedance, and an adjustable phono volume offset feature. I think its a shame no reviews caught on to this receiver, as after holding it and listening to the results it might be the best modern budget pick for a 2 channel system. Moving on, Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers were selected for their reputation as the budget speaker pick, I paired them with Sanus speaker stands. I selected a turntable from my personal collection, a Technics Quartz Direct Drive SL-QD33. This table was my first, and it is in great shape. I serviced it, and put on a new Grado Prestige Green1 T4p cartridge I had. I selected this table because I knew it wouldn't give my friend any trouble as it is very reliable, it sounds better than anything you can buy new on a budget, and it is automatic. It was hard leaving it with my friend, but I knew he appreciates it as much as I do. Interconnects are AudioQuest Evergreen, the speaker wire 16 gauge Rocketfish oxygen free copper. I also got him everything he could need, such as the AudioQuest Anti-Static record brush with gold contacts, oil for the turntable, and a magic eraser to clean the stylus. I was really impressed with this system's sound, and as per the theme, it was easy to use and affordable. I would recommend this exact combo to anyone looking to start out in 2 ch audio or vinyl while retaining your modern Bluetooth streaming.
IMG_0035.jpg

Back
Top Bottom